• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Wondered What Shigeru Miyamoto Thought About the Zelda Cd-i Games?

R

Ratagast

Iv'e always wondered how he reacted to those circles of hell recorded on to a disk...:dry:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I like to imagine that he just laughed at how horrible it was. It probably just reaffirmed to him that he (or at least Nintendo) is the only one who "gets" what Zelda is about, and that everyone else who tried to copy it would totally miss the mark.

Ironically, I think he would have been more worried if they had been GOOD games, because that would make him feel like maybe his idea wasn't so unique or beautiful after all, if someone else can come along and do it just as well without him.

That's just my impression from what little I know about him. I think you'd have to ask someone who knows Mr. Miyamoto if you want a better idea. If he were anyone else, I'd recommend asking him himself, but... good luck trying to get HIM to talk to you! :lol:

P

Pancakes

Miyamoto:HAHAHAH.....where's my gun?

Yeah that's what he probably said....

Me: Let me join you!

He was probably a little angry at how badly they screwed up Zelda and like athenian said, probably rather amused at how awful they are. Pretty much the same reaction everyone else had over them.

Y

younglink

i have never heard of them but if they are not made by nintendo they probably suck

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think he wondered why someone would even think to mess around with Zelda. Whoever made the games probably was jealous that Zelda was more popular than the stuff they were making. Not everything can be as good as Zelda. Miyamoto probably was offended for a little and then laughed it off.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It probably gave him a bit of grief. That his creation was tampered with by forces out of his control. At least that is how i would feel and usually do when someone else changes what i had intended to create/preserve. It is a natural feeling we have towards what is precious to us, although i may be mistaken and he just looked at it as an afterthought, something not worth mention. The CD-i games in my opinion are and always will be garbage and i hope Miyamoto feels the same. Video game franchises and companies get bad wraps because of copyrights and things like that. Zelda is no exception. Whoever thought it was a good idea to mess around with the Zelda series like that in it's earlier stages is beyond forgiveness.

my post sounds a little harsher than i meant it to be, but i dont mind..

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm pretty sure I read that Shigsy and Nintendo pretty well have dissavowed the CD-I games. They were a licensing mistake and officially don't exist as far as Zelda canon goes. Or, as TVTropes puts it "They exist only in dimensions eaten by Azathoth." Something like that.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You know, I've never wondered, but I think Shigeru Miyamoto probably lives in an anti CD-i bunker and has never heard of them. But seriously, he probably thought they were horrible once they were released, laughed a bit since he just realized that without him working on it somewhere Zelda would be horrible, and then disowned them simply because they were that bad.

Kazumi

chagy
I really don't know. That's quite a good question. It would really be a great topic on Iwata Asks, even if Miyamoto wasn't there (He wouldn't be). He probably told the creators that they did a good job, because he wouldn't want to be mean. At least probably not. But he probably didn't like them very much at all. And I wonder why they released a third one after the first two, even if Miyamoto didn't like them. Maybe he did like them.. Or maybe he just said that the first two were good, so they made a third. But after that, he told them to stop. Unlikely. Hmm.

I suppose Miyamoto watched over Capcom making their Zelda games more because of the experience that he had with the CD-i games. For example, he made Capcom scrap FSA's story midway through development because it was "to confusing and complicated". That just shows that he was being more careful. I suppose that we will never really know however. Oh well.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I read about this somewhere, & I kinda really laughed at what the author wrote. I don't really like spin-offs sometimes. I think Miyamoto just did the same thing I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom