• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you ever played a bad game out of curiosity?

There are many games out there that aren't worth your time or money, but have you ever been so morbidly curious about how bad a game is that you've taken the plunge anyway?

Perhaps you did spend money on it, or perhaps you just borrowed it from a friend but you needed to play it just to see how bad it really was.

If you have, what games were they?

Was it Sonic 06? Metal Gear Survive? Or something even worse than those?

There was one called "18 Wheeler" for the Gamecube. Slowest racing game ever. Returned it to the shop the same day we bought it.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Mario + Luigi in bowsers stomach i dont remember what it was called but i got it as a distraction while i was having a biopsy on my kidney....

Killjoy262

Mentally Numb
It was Skyrim. I don’t really regret experiencing it but at the same time I have no desire to play an Elder Scrolls game again, lol.
Skyrim is "kind of"good imho. it has it's flaws, but I personally enjoy it.
Me: kills a dragon *insert awful imitation of Shang Tsung voice* "Your soul is mine!"

Anyway, as for bad games that I've played, I'm going to have to go with SOCOM: Confrontations. While Confrontations was alright in it's own right, it was a game before its time. the other games I've played, 1 through 4 were decent at best, I preferred them due to having a solo campaign, while Confrontations was an online only game.

For those who aren't familiar, SOCOM was a series similar to today's CoD franchise. The main difference was SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs is a series of third-person tactical shooter video games for the P 2, PS 3 and PSP created by Zipper Interactive.

Edit: Now I miss SOCOM II Online. XD

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
can't think of too many that I've played knowing full well that they're bad, mixed reception yeah but I don't know if that counts

though I am curious to try Sonic 2006 and the FF 13 series at some point, and MAYBE Metroid Other M

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I haven't ever gotten or played a game solely because it was bad. If I get a game expecting it to be good or okay and it turns out to be bad then welp, what can you do, but I'd rather not buy a bad game because I don't want to feel like I've wasted my money on something I knew would be bad going into it.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Yes. I've played Mario Sunshine and Zelda Wind Waker and a decent number of older and crap Nintendo games.
I've also played a few PC games that I knew are old and crap. Just because I could. Wasted my time? Yep. But I had a laugh so all worth it.
Oooh, not a good decision. Dissing Sunshine and Wind Walker in the same sentence? Not gonna end well on here. (: (I’m sure you’ll be fine.)

For me, I had a couple hundred Gold Points and got two crap games on the eShop. One, called SkyPeace, was actually decent considering what I spent. The other was a crappy Mega Man knockoff. Sometimes you get lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom