• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Lost Your Passion For Gaming?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Slightly ironic thread title as we're on a gaming forum, but I've been quite a big gaming fan all my life but yet over the past few years I've just slowly and slowly lost my love for it. Now gaming isn't my number one pass time but it certainly used to be one of the things I loved, now, not so much.

I still like discussing games, as the reason why I'm on this forum, but I barley play them and I feel that soon enough i will just lose interest completely.

Enough about me though, what I want to get onto is you, have you ever lost your interest for gaming? If so, why and what did you do to rekindle it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Never really lost my passion for gaming, just kinda got sick of it yknow. After I watched a super depressing anime, I just realized that I spent 17 yrs of my life doing nothing. But then I get bored - not depressed - of being bored, and I go back to gaming. ;p

I get my fun from games. Hasn't changed, probably won't ever change.

Big Octo

=^)
There was a period of time where I just didn't play games, and I hardly even thought about them. I guess I was just too focused on other (and more important...) things. I think I got out of that by just randomly picking up a game on day and playing. Now, I still don't play games every day, but I do play some occasionally. It's still my favorite pastime, and it will likely remain that way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...I'd like to add that I have lost my passion for FPSes. They just aren't fun anymore. Battlefield is trash, CoD is trash...and the latest generic FPS is trash. All too boring. :I
I used to play CoD religiously, then I realized that the games are filled with BS. Battlefield is even moreso. :I
So no more FPSes for me!

Salem

SICK
I didn't lose my passion per say, but I got really annoyed that there isn't much platformers made in the last 10 years.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Not lost my passion but I was working so hard for a couple of years that I never played any. So, my passion got 'killed' if anything, but now I've got more free-time it's pack with a vengeance! ;)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Sort of. I still think about games in general almost all the time, but I don't actually play them as much as I used to.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Somewhat...I play games more than ever, but I've lost my passion for being a hardcore gamer. It feels boring to look at games like they're some sort of profession...I just want play a game and have fun now.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Gaming has never really been my number one passion at any time. I certainly enjoy it and can devote entire days to it when I'm in that specific mood, but there are other things I am more passionate about and that's how it's always been for me. But I will say that my gaming frequency has been going down in later years. But part of it is that I simply do not have enough hours in the day to keep up with all my interests and I tend to prioritize my fandoms and what comes with it before gaming. And in the recent months I've gotten more and more interested in table top gaming, so I'm branching out more into that, while still enjoying the occasional session on one of my consoles :)

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
No, not really. I mean sure, I have other hobbies and interests that I tend to, though I've never lost my passion for playing. I've always loved to play video games and I hope that feeling stays as a grow older.

I have never lost my passion for gaming. There may have been some times where I lost the passion for particular genres (I'm looking at you, generic shooters!), but I'm almost always in the mood to play some kind of video game.

I've lost my passion for console and handheld gaming but not their PC counterpart. Although every system has its exclusives, computers offer just as diverse controller options and consoles and are a lot more powerful.

With so many things on my mind, it's more convenient to boot up a game on a device I'm already constantly using for school and personal needs.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I will always make time for most all of my favorite series, as it would drive me crazy not knowing the fate of my beloved franchises. I don't know what I'm gonna do about the Halo series, as I WILL NOT let an Xbox One in my house due to it spying tendency! I have never really grown attached to anything on the Playstation as I have with Nintendo and games like Zelda, Megaman, and what not! So I'm hoping to see some of my favorites make a come back as it has been a LONG time since I have been truly impressed by a game. I feel like almost every company is mimicking each other until they all end up making the same game!

The FPS genre is all but falling into the same old shiz no matter what franchise you are playing, i do feel halo is above the Bar with its arcade style multi-player and the absents of games like Unreal Tournament lately, I personally feel that all these realistic shooters like CoD (however I did play blackops 2 for the first time last night online), and Battlefield are kinda sick. But just my opinion on realistic shooters. So I guess the only FPS I still like playing is Halo, when FPSs are all I used to play. I will contradict myself right now by saying the Uncharted Series changed the conventions of the 3rd Person shooter/platforming genre and I really enjoyed the series, but it is a realistic-ish shooter so you can have fun with that.

Sorry so long I think I kinda had to think out loud first in order to answer this question correctly! Have I lost my passion for gaming; No! But I don't play as much! And when I do it's usually a retro game of some sort. However, I still have not lost my love of competitive gaming. If you are pulling me online I will almost play almost anything for a decent amount of time, as proved last night, when my buddy had me playing Black Op 2 for a few hours with him. Me and my boys play sports games a lot, and I really enjoy that. I'm not even big on keeping up on sports, until the last two years when I realized I wasn't bad at the games, just didn't know what teams to use cuz I didn't know who's on what team and whatnot, so playing the games have made me pay attention to sports in real life!

The Golden Days of gaming are over, everything has been done already, all we can do is innovate, but nothing is "New" anymore! And seriously guys, I'm not excited at all to continue playing! I will forever play my Retro games, but as far as going out and spending money on the industry anymore, I just don't feel the urge to join. I may give the PS4 a chance to change my mind, and I will get a Wii U when a new Zelda game comes out! But unless something really amazing happens with those two things, this next generation is my last! Wow, i feel like i just got a lot off my chest, but it also makes me sad as this is my true opinion. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom