• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Heard About 'Nintendo Cereal System'?

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Nintendo Cereal System

nintendo_cereal_system.jpg

Nintendocereal4.jpg
Nintendocereal3.jpg

Nintendocereal1.jpg
Nintendocereal5.jpg

Nintendocereal2.jpg

The Nintendo Cereal System was a breakfast cereal produced by a company called Ralston Cereals in 1988. It was trying to capitalize on the popularity of the Nintendo Entertainment System, and promoted two of the most popular games on the NES at that time, Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda.

The box of the cereal was divided into two sections, one for each game. One side, called Super Mario Bros Action Series, had fruity-flavoured Marios, Super Mushrooms, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Bowsers, and the other, called Zelda Adventure Series, had berry-flavored Links, hearts, boomerangs, keys, and shields.

The cereal has great kid pull by itself, but upped the ante by always including stickers of a Nintendo character and Nintendo "Power Cards" (a set of 12 trading cards) on the back panel. It also had offers to win NES Power Pads or a Super Mario cereal bowl. Oddly enough a box of this cereal can be found on ebay for around $200. Nothing says good morning like a bowl of 22 year old cereal! Yum!!

PowerCards.jpg
PowerCards1.jpg
PowerCard3-1.jpg

I wish this cereal still existed! Looks yummy! :)

- Commercial Video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REpiQnnp6p8
- Sources:
- http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/top-nine-most-ridiculous-video-game-products/1407517
- http://www.nesplayer.com/features/cereal/index.htm

Last edited:

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Why can't cereal be this cool anymore?
It's such a shame.
I remember even in my time we had awesome toys in cereal.
Now there's hardly anything.
But, yeah, We actually have almost all of these boxes in our household, because my mom kept them when they came out :)
They're locked away in a nice, dry, safe place.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Why can't cereal be this cool anymore?
It's such a shame.

I remember even in my time we had awesome toys in cereal.
Now there's hardly anything.

But, yeah, We actually have almost all of these boxes in our household, because my mom kept them when they came out :)
They're locked away in a nice, dry, safe place.

Can you upload the pictures of all collectible Power Cards. i want to collect it...:)

13foxes

Nintendo, it's for breakfast now.
Nintendo, it's a cereal, wow!
Nintendo, Super Mario jumps,
Nintendo, in a fruit flavored crunch!

Nintendo, here's Zelda too!
Nintendo, it's very good news!
Nintendo, mmmm, you just can't lose!

Nintendo, two cereals in one, wow!
I lol'd. This song makes me wanna try Nintendo cereals. Mario and Zelda must be yummy :xd: And the trading cards looks awesome.
Too bad they don't make it anymore... :<

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I'll see if I can convince my parents to bust them out of the attic for scanning :eek:
I imagine it'll require some digging, but they're protected in a good box.

Thanks...

Here is one of Nintendo Cereal System 'collector card' that i found...

Piranha Flower [ パックン フラワー, Pakkun Furawā, Pakkun Flower]

PiranhaFlower.jpg

Moldorm

Is not Error
I actually ate this cereal when I was a kid. Needless to say, it was absolutely delicious. And as far as cereal box reading goes, ...it's a Nintendo themed cereal box.

Get me a time machine. I'm going back for one last bowl.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Not that specific cereal, but I have heard of Nintendo cereal before. I think it was Pokemon Cereal. I was born in 1988, incidentally. So any box of that cereal would be about my age.

It's interesting to see that Nintendo had tried the trading card/character card idea out before releasing the Pokemon trading card game.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting Nintendo to release another cereal? Perhaps if you really want it, you can start a petition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom