• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Have I Been Doing This Wrong The Whole Time!?

Z

zeldafan001

Hey people,
I was wondering if I am the only one that does the Spirit Temple and The Shadow temple in reverse order. I personally do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple. However, according to the many walkthroughs I reference, they all do the Shadow Temple first. Anybody else do this too?

Hey there, no you're not the only one. I have a specific pattern I do when I make to the adult stage of the game. Obviously the forst temple has to come first so you can get the arrows. But even before that, I get the hookshot from Kakariko, then head to the Ice Cavern, then free Zora, then get the biggie. I then play the forest temple, then skip ahead to the water temple. then play the spirit temple. go back to the fire temple and make the shadow temple my very last one, of the main ones. I then go back to Gerudo Fortress so I can get the Ice Arrows. By the time I hit the shadow temple, I have 95 of the 100 gold skulltulas too. I'd have to say that a lot of people whom play this game, do things in preferencial order, not necessarily proper order of the game. It's what makes this game unique among the other ones. You don't have to do things in precise order.

This is for supersilly. How can you do the Shadow Temple first, when you need to have beaten both the Fire and Water Temples to get the tune to the Shadow Temple? Plus, you at least need to have gotten the arrows from the Forest Temple as that's how you beat the boss? I'm just trying to understand is all.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
This is for supersilly. How can you do the Shadow Temple first, when you need to have beaten both the Fire and Water Temples to get the tune to the Shadow Temple? Plus, you at least need to have gotten the arrows from the Forest Temple as that's how you beat the boss? I'm just trying to understand is all.

Wanting to understand is a good thing, no worries. I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

This does go just a bit off topic though, so I’ll try to make it brief.

As I said, glitches open up even more dungeon order possibilities, and a glitch is required to enter the Shadow Temple early. There are bunch of glitches you could use, but here is the one I used for the Uber Challenge. Also, this glitch can be done on both the GC and the 64 (I did it on the 64.) but I'm not sure about the VC version of OoT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHO-ZM4ibPA

This glitch requires you to plant a magic bean in the graveyard to get to the ledge in the video. Remember that Sheik blocks the pedestal of time until you finish the Forest Temple, so make sure you plant the bean before pulling the sword. You’ll also need the hookshot that Dampe gives you to complete the dungeon if you don’t have the longshot. (I didn’t.)

After that, there really isn’t much to doing the Shadow Temple that isn’t normal. As for fighting the boss, remember that you can also use the hookshot to fight him. No arrows required. I hope this answered your questions. ^^

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
On my first time playing I did the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple now when I play I do the Spirit Temple 3rd after beating the Water Temple.

i did them in reverse order too lol but only difference is i did it on purpose cause i got stuck on the shadow temple so i went roaming around until i found out i can skip that temple for the time being

korp

bagels
Oh, and no, you aren't doing anything WRONG, I'm just curious what makes people do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple the first time they play the game. Or the Water Temple before the Fire Temple for that matter.
I do Water before Fire just to get it over with :/ and I try to avoid the Fire Temple too, because I hate it and I hate the boss there too. Ugh, the room with the really, really thin staircase is SO annoying ide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom