• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Anyone Ever Played Games That Most Gamers Don't Know About?

there are a lot of games out there good or bad, and i'm sure most of us have once played a game that the majority of the gaming community isn't even aware of, so if you have what dd you play that most aren't aware of? and a description of the game would be good too

one that i played is Space Station Silicon Valley for the N64 this had the most ineresting concept for a game i've ever seen, you play as sort of a walking micro chip from a damaged robot and you can take over the bodies of dead animals and you use this gimic to solve some pretty well thought out puzzles

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
EVO The Search for Eden is a great SNES game where you start as a fish and you gain exp by fighting in real time battles to buy new body parts so you can evolve. It may sound weird but it is awesome. I really want to try that Silcon valley game you were talking about, I have collected N64 games for years and I have never seen it, is it NTSC?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure for DS. I bet a lot of people don't know this one exists. It was published by Electronic Arts and developed by the Tiburon studio that usually makes the Madden games. It's a great sidescrolling platformer and one of the most over-looked games on the DS.

It's about an old adventurer who discovers a golden suit that makes him young again and gives him puzzle powers. You have to fight enemies on the top-screen which turn into blocks and fall into the bottom screen where you have to get rid of them by chaining them with blocks of the same color. You have to handle both screens at the same time, and the game starts to get sadistically hard after world 3.

It's very fun despite that. Good if you want to see what EA's Madden studio can do when allowed to be original.

I've played Uniracers on the SNES, and I don't think much have heard of that game.

It is a REALLY fun racing game that can get hard sometimes.

S

spiderbrush

Yup. Such include Phantom Brave, Kya: Dark Lineage, Legend of Kay, Ape Escape 3, and Dual Hearts.

Phantom Brave is... well, it's a Nippon Ichi game. They're known for their Disgaea series, but I don't see a lot of talk about Phantom Brave. It's a pretty good game, though, although I'm pretty bad at it.

Kya: Dark Lineage is a platforming game about a girl named Kya who's transported to a world... with anthro lion-cat things, and how she has to save their world from her evil father who has previously gone missing--and saving her brother in the process, who's been kidnapped. (We're told this very early in the game...) It's kind of unique in how Kya, instead of being able to double jump, relies on the wind and air currents to get her where she needs to go.

Legend of Kay is about a "ninja" cat who has to save his home from the invading rats and gorillas... yeah. It sounds silly. In fact, the story isn't good at all. But the gameplay itself is pretty decent. It's a platformer, but the combat is actually pretty decent. People sometimes call it a Legend of Zelda ripoff, but apart from the magic container and heart container collecting, I don't see it.

Dual Hearts is about a boy who's looking for a certain treasure who meets up with a Baku, who's been entrusted to guard magical artifacts. But of course something goes terribly wrong and the artifacts escape into the minds and dreams of the villagers of the island the game takes place on. So, the boy, Rumble, and the Baku, Tumble, have to enter the peoples' dreams to gather the artifacts again. This game was released around the same time as Kingdom Hearts, which especially helps with its unawareness.

Ape Escape 3 is a game where you go around catching monkeys, much like the previous games in the series(although I've only played this one). It's simple, it's easy, yet it's so incredibly fun. What I like is how most of the tools make use of the right analog stick, instead of the button they were specifically assigned to. Actually, this is one of my most favorite games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago, I used to play Titanic: Adventure out of Time for the PC. It's basically a point and click game. Nothing to add to that, really.

Here are games i still play and i doubt many members here have played or heard of them.
Icould name at least another fifty.

Jet set willy
Alien 8
Beyond the ice palace
Kikstart 1 and 2.
Strider 1 and 2.
Renegade 1,2,3.
Nemesis
Deflektor
Gogo the ghost
Horace goes skiing.

.hack for the PS2. It is an action RPG, kinda like Kingdom Hearts. The game takes place in a fictional MMORPG called...The World. The game has a mysterious story, good characters, and good gameplay. The gameplay does repeat itself , but it is still fun. I never really met anyone who knows about this game, so that is why I included it here.

E

EvilMag

The Unoffical Gaia Trilogy: Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

Amazing games on the SNES that share the theme, gameplay, character, etc. I would love to see these come out on the Virtual Console. Especially Terranigma, that game is so amazing.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
No one's mentioned Lost Magic for the DS yet... that was the first game I got! :xd:

It's kind of like an RPG, excapt you use the touch screen to draw symbols on the screen to perform curtain magic spells. It's a very intuitive and unique. It utilizes the DS's design and controls to a great advantage... :yes: I like it, and i bet you could get a copy on Amazon... ^^

It's a fun game and i hope SOMEONE out there has also played this game...

Omg, I've played a TON. But here are some of my personal favorites.

Dark Cloud The first game created by Level-5, now known for the Professor Layton series and numerous other titles. It's an action/RPG about a boy who has to recreate a world that was destroyed. He does this by going through dungeons and collecting houses, objects, people, etc., then reconstructing them. 'Tis a very unique PS2 game with a much more well-known sequel that I don't like.

Beyond Good and Evil A flop on the market, this is one of the most unique games in history. The gameplay itself is a combination of everything: action, RPG, stealth, shooter, etc. And the story is great to boot. It takes place on the planet Hillys that is being attacked by alien-things, and features many themes, such as government conspiracy. It's f***ing amazing.

Ar Tonelico: Meody of Elemia One of the most unique RPGs with one of the greatest stories I've ever seen. It's a combo between RPG, visual novel, and whatever-its-called where you interact with other characters to increase their skills and whatnot. Also has beautiful music featuring its own made-up language combined with Japanese, and a large, beautiful world to explore.

ICO This game is amazing. Hands down. The basic premise of the game is you play as a boy with horns named Ico who is locked away in a castle, because he is "evil". He meets a girl named Yorda who glows with a mysterious white light, and speaks a language that Ico and the audience doesn't understand. Ico decides to help her escape with him, all while defeating shadow-like creatures that want to take Yorda away. The experience itself is what makes the games so amazing. This is also the sequel to the much more popular Shadow of the Colossus, but it was made first.

Lol, sorry for the wall of text. xD I just love these games and wanted to share them~ And zeldahuman, I've played Lost Magic.'Tis fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom