• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harry Potter

L

Link of Hyrule

I,m a huge fan of harry potter and have seen every movie besides, The Half Blood Prince 3 times or more. I could watch them all day and never get tired of them, my eyes would be glued to the tv screen. I probably wouldn't get up to go to the bathroom. You can say I'm obsesed with the harry potter movies.
I don't really read the books though. They never have been as interesting to me. I have read the 1st two books though. The only reason I didn't finish readng the third book is cause I was 5 and my parents where helping me read the books and I wantd to read something else.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I never got into the books. I don't really like to read. The movies are very interesting though. It's cool to see all of the "magical" special effects such as people in pictures moving and candles in Hogwarts floating. The Halfblood Prince was a great movie IMO. It was funny to see the effect that weird potion that Harry made on Ron.

The books are awesome. I always try to read a book that corresponds to movies that see. The books are always better. I love to read tho. I read the first harry potter book 12 times, and the second 7 times. I started to know what words were coming before i turned a page! They just leave so much out of the movies, that's why reading the books is awesome, you actually get the WHOLE story.

I'm a huge Harry potter nerd. I've read and reread all the books numerous times and I've watched the movies over and over again.

As most fans do I like the books more than the movies. I'm so sad that the series is over....

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
The movies can be good. However, the books are just BRILLIANT! They are so well written and epicly thought up. Out of the movies I'll rate them out of ten:
-Harry Potter and the Philosiphers Stone- 6/10
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- 2/10
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- 8.5/10
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- 6.5/10
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix- 7/10
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- 8/10

The Half-Blood Prince was really good. However, there is one thing I didn't really like. There wasn't really much magic. The pictures weren't even moving and such, it's like they just forgot to put that part in.

Link of Hyrule, If you like the films, you should really like the books. I don't know anyone who has seen all the films and read all the books and prefers the films. Once you get into the books, you'll see. They really are modern day classics.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I used to love Harry Potter, but i eventually grew out of it. I've read all the books and seen all of the movies up to the most recent, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
The books where quite entertaining, and i prefer the books though, to the movies.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've been a Harry Potter fan sort of on-and-off since I was a little kid. I didn't really know or care about it much until the first movie came out. I was 6 or 7 then. (I still remember thinking that Harry was in a different house in every book. XP)

I didn't really read the books at all until after the second movie came out. The fifth book had come out at that point. I started with the third book, since the first two already had movies. I don't think I read them very fast, because I remember the sixth book coming out when I hadn't finished the fifth one. (The third movie must have been out by then.) Of course, it was impossible to evade the spoiler of who dies in the sixth book - though, I do tend to be able to convince myself that I'd never heard some spoilers.

I've always loved the movies, too. They work excellently as a sort of visual guide to what's in the books. Sure, some of the newer ones have to cut out a whole lot to fit in movie time, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. I don't see why they waited until the seventh movie to find means to extend it and include more details. They should have started the two-part thing with the fifth movie, or maybe even the fourth (though, I don't feel like the fourth movie cut out that much.)

There's also the games - the computer ones, specifically. I've played all of those. (The sixth one only on Wii, since I knew the PC game was exactly the same, but I don't like using arrow keys for what's meant to be a control stick.) They don't have much reputation as games, but I like them. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was probably the first video game I ever beat. I remember when my cousins introduced them to me and my brother. We all regarded them as essentially the main source of Harry Potter info, which is why I never had any idea what "boring" characters like Fudge and Crouch were doing in the books or movies. The Ministry of Magic doesn't really do anything in the games until the fifth one, (and then in the sixth one with the aurors locking parts of Hogwarts.)

Speaking of the fifth Harry Potter game, that was one I was EXTREMELY excited for, and it didn't dissapoint me (aside from the lack of a Forbidden Forest level leading to Grawp.) I had loved the prospect of mapping Hogwarts when the first game came out. Then, the second game came out. The map was completely different (though some of the main floor was familiar). I played some other versions of the games, too, usually just to see the map. The third game had its own map, too, and I began to think it changed each year. Then, the fourth game had no map at all, which angered me to no end. This perhaps made the fifth game even more welcoming, since the special thing there was the map of Hogwarts, where they took maps and photos of movie sets - from all five movies - and used notes from what's there in the books to make a really accurate map of Hogwarts. I was happy that the sixth game expanded on the map and included areas like the Training Grounds, the Quidditch Pitch, the Astronomy Tower, and Slughorn's Office.

I've kind of ranted here. Maybe I should stop. XP

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I remember when I first got the first book when I was about 11, I didn't care too much for it, but I eventually fell in love. haha
I followed the books all the way, and I'll be following the movies all the way, although my love for the series has really gone down.
Except with the latest movie, I don't really know if I've liked the books over the movies or not. Sure there's stuff missing in the movies, but that doesn't mean it can't be a good movie. However, with HBP, I much prefer the movie. The book was my least favourite in the series, and the movies was one of my favourites so far. haha
Maybe I should read the book again, since I haven't since it came out.

N

NarutoAngel221

I am also a huge fan of harry Potter but the latest movie isnt done very well ...I mean they should at least give justice to the book . It looks like Harry Potter is getting darker and darker as it ends

F

ForestSheikah

I love the Harry Potter series... Though I prefer the books because you can take them anywhere and strike up a Harry Potter conversation.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I saw the 6th movie last saturday. I thought the movie was cool, but there wasn't a lot of exciting stuff going on. The movie focused a lot on the emotional aspect which isn't bad, but I rather see more fighting and awesome magical monsters. Another thing I noticed was that most of the scenes ended with a 'as the world turns sort of dramatic look'. When a scene ended, on of the characters looked to each other for some seconds and then it flashes to the next scene. The end was very good though.

I decided to read the books again though since I couldn't remember what happened in the 6th book when I watched the movie. I started with the 1st one yesterday and now i'm almost half way :)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I haven't seen the latest movie yet, probably wont. But I have been collecting them on dvd upon their release. No, I'm not a huge fan of HP, but I like collecting movies, specially those that have more than one episode. The only Harry Potter movie I saw at the theater was the second one.

By the way, I've read all seven books.

Len

Zelda On Paper
the books and the movies are the same to me: nice and rockin", im not a fan of his movies but the storylines is what calls me )i have liked: the prisoner of askaban and the half blood prince, they,re my favorite ones)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom