• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harp in SS and OoT

Even though it is way to early to start assuming things, I am just wondering, what do you guys think of the theory, that the harp in SS, assuming it is a harp, is the harp that Sheik uses in Ocarina of Time. Just wondering. What do you think?

some weeks ago the people staring to talk about this harp and sheik's, but we only have a small picture with bad quality, there isnt enough material to tell something, anyway, I think it will have some kind of relation, even if both arent the same

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
There better be good tunes you play on the harp or I will regret ever getting the game.
And yes, I base my decision on purchasing a product for a trivial thing like that.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I am going to make a prediction and say that both Sheik and the harp play a role in the game. *fingers crossed*

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Uh, they already confirmed that it was the same Harp from OoT, and they explained how you play it! You play it by the right notes, AND the correct rhythm. . .

I doubt that this game will connect all the dots we're expecting. The harp is possibly one of many things that will remain in the speculation realm.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think that the harp in Skyward Sword and the harp in Ocarina of Time are th same. I would be disappointed if they are not, or are not at least connected in some way. But taking this step a bit further, what if this harp is also the same one in Oracle of Ages? It is possible that some backstory aboutthe harp in OoA is revealed in SS.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Since Sheik is actually Zelda, I think it's obvious that it's still Zelda Harp and not Sheik's Harp. I think that the H will be passed down through generations of Zeldas.

It would be great if the Harp was somehow connected to Sheik's from Ocarina of Time. This is one of those trivial things Nintendo should capitalize on. Seriously, if fans were to find out Skyward Sword's Harp is connected with OoT's or it's the same one, many of them would have a heart attack (including me); it's just seems so significant. This would exude a "wow factor" that would stick with us fans forever; it would be the same if any other popular speculation was confirmed!

It would also (kinda) indirectly give Sheik a little backstory, 'ya know (yes, I know, Sheik is Zelda).

IHNo

The Other Side
Since Sheik is actually Zelda, I think it's obvious that it's still Zelda Harp and not Sheik's Harp. I think that the H will be passed down through generations of Zeldas.

That's what I think. It makes perfect sense, honestly. SS Zelda obtains her harp/lyre/whatever from Link by the end of the game, the Royal Family is established, and the harp/lyre is passed down through the generation(s), thus leading to OoT Zelda, who becomes Sheik and uses the harp/lyre to teach Link the warp songs. Bam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom