• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Zelda

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
If you look at the gameplay and mechanics, AoL was probably the hardest one, although LoZ comes very close (9th dungeon :S)
But the "hardest" ("most complicated" would fit better here) one to complete 100% would be Majora's Mask

CZG

I think LoZ dungeon 6 and the second quest are way, way harder than all the other Zelda's together, including AoL.

MM was more complicated to get 100%, but I think LoZ took me longer to get everything. Walking trough walls (without a lens of truth) took me a loooooong time to discover and all of my bombs, then I got frustrated and walked right through...
Then, I needed bombs again. And the heartcontainer on te beach in AoL, one of those few squares that I didn't walk on.

The first few Zelda games were quite easy to keep track of everything you could find. There weren't that many things to collect. All the items were on screen or in the manual, so you knew what you were searching for. When you found something, you got it.
MM was more tricky to find out when to do stuff. I remember clearing the ocean spider house and getting nothing... It was the wrong day, or I was the wrong character, I can't remember, but I thought that was stupid.

AoL had some cheap deaths (like almost any other game on the NES), the game itself wasn't cheap at all. I thought controlling your character worked very good in fact. I can't tink of other things that could be seen as cheap...
The music was great, the graphics were alright, even good for that time. Restarting at North Castle? At least you could save this game, unlike similar, more difficult action platform games.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
AoL, it takes forever to level up, you don't have enough life and even if you do level up or find more life, it hardly does anything. Plus you can't avoid enemies, or at least get behind them. Also if you die 3 times, you have start back at North Castle.

No doubt about it zelda 2 is the hardest.

L

leftyrock91

My hardest Zelda game is Adventure of Link. I just beat the hidden temple today. I've died so many times just to get all my stats up to level 8. What a pain!!! Funny thing is, it's one of my top favorite Zelda game. I guess i just like unbelievably hard Zelda games.

S

soulreapersheik

it has definitely got to be AOL because i can never get past the death mountain cave and get the hammer! its just so hard to maintain your health!

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Majora's Mask. Nuff said.

JK. Ummm..... It was just hard, Snowhead Temple was aggrivatingly :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: and Ikana Castle and Ikana Valley was even more. Sooo.... And Majora was also really hard.

Next would be ALttP. All the bosses were just impossible. But I've gotten through it twice ;)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Out of all the zelda games I played, Link: Faces of Evil is defiantly the most frustrating. LoZ was a pain too, but it didn't have all the horrible controls that the cd-i game has. Also, there are a large number of cheap stupid deaths in Link: Faces of Evil. I died several times because a gletsjer in the background dropped molten snow drops the size of two pixels :dry:. Also the enemies respawn at the weirdest moments and while their weapons can go through everything, I only have a tiny sword and an useless shield...

I still have to play AoL and MM though, but i'm sure they won't be as bad as Link: Faces of Evil :P

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have to agree AoL is a nightmare compared to other Zelda games. I usually give up after 10 minutes of playing and then have to put it down before I start questioning reality. That game is so hellish that i wish i could look at a game guide for it but i refuse to use them for the Zelda games I have yet to complete and AoL is at the top of that list, then ALttP and then LoZ. MC is currently giving me troubles so I haven't played it in a while either. lol

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Adventure of Link. I haven't been able to get past the second dungeon, but I haven't tried in a while... I should get around to doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom