• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Pokemon Game?

Sheik

:the:
Definitely Colosseum and/or XD: Gale of Darkness for the GameCube. In those games, not only are you limited to a much smaller number of Pokemon you can actually use, but many of the battles themselves are damn hard and catching Shadow Pokemon is a pain.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'd have to agree with Sheik and say Colosseum and XD, thought not quite due to legitimate reasons. I think the difficulty comes from the fact that the games are rather subpar and do not offer the player with enough opportunities to level one's Pokemon to the appropriate level, thus the player will constantly be relatively underpowered compared to how they would be in a mainline Pokemon title, most of which offer many ways for the player to level consistently and conveniently, such as tall grass and refightable trainers. I think another reason is because the games are primarily double battles, which requires a lot more thinking and strategy than a single battle.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'd have to agree with Sheik and say Colosseum and XD, thought not quite due to legitimate reasons. I think the difficulty comes from the fact that the games are rather subpar and do not offer the player with enough opportunities to level one's Pokemon to the appropriate level, thus the player will constantly be relatively underpowered compared to how they would be in a mainline Pokemon title, most of which offer many ways for the player to level consistently and conveniently, such as tall grass and refightable trainers. I think another reason is because the games are primarily double battles, which requires a lot more thinking and strategy than a single battle.

Are you joking? I was overleveled everywhere i went, those games are far too easy, you can literally re-collect the shadow pokemon if you miss first time so there's no threat of losing your chance to catch say a shadow suicune at all

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I can remember in Colosseum where early in the game you can fight the Gym Leader Justy. Around that time in the game when you are initially able to fight him, your Pokemon will be around... if I remember correctly, level 20-30. The pre Gym Leadder fights are fairly easy and the trainers have Pokemon around your level. Then, suddenly, you get to fight Justy, who has Pokemon leveled in the late 30's to early 40's, leaving most of your team outmatched. It's a huge curveball and it's one of my biggest gripes about the game, that single battle against Justy.

Sheik

:the:
But Justy is an optional battle... Though I would agree that it was a bad move by the game to not warn you beforehand that her Pokemon are about 10 levels higher than yours.

Oh and btw, if you ever find yourself under leveled, Mt. Battle is always a really good place to grind.

Hmm out of all the games I got to say that I found Heart gold to be the hardest. Mainly because I was to lazy to explore and therefore was really underleveled.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Currently Pokemon Rumble world. Cause you need high powered pokemon, hard to get all the toy pokemon due to drop rate, rarity of running into things and some of the challenges are rather difficult if you don't have the right pokemon with a good move and enough power. Probably most of the spin off pokemon games will probably be more difficult. Given their odd new style.

Actually the real hardest pokemon game is........ Hey you Pikachu!! Due to the fact of that mic not being the best and pikachu being a prick at times.

Dan

This is coming from a guy that's only played the main series and the game I'm about to nominate for hardest pokemon game which is pokemon trading card game for the game boy colour. Granted I haven't played this game since a little baba so perhaps I was too naive to understand its mechanics as throughly back then.

Ummm, ive only played red/blue/yellow, gold/silver, and x/y

I had Black but i dont count playing it becuase i only got to fourth gym.... bugger me that game was hard. But hard in a bad way, it felt that the difficulty was spiking in random places. Certain moves felt very overpowered too and some battles just felt cheap like there wasn't a way i could win based on skill. Even when i levelled up to a level far above what i needed to defeat in battle i'd still barely scrape through.

In the end i gave it up and refused to continue. The pokemon also sucked.

So i'd say Black was the hardest for me.

N64 Colosseum. Totally unfair difficulty that is brutal to beat and you need total RNG on your side too. Get super lucky to beat it all and you have a harder version of the whole game to do all over again. Only the people who love insanely hard games need apply for this 2nd quest. Also because in the main game you can't out level the pokemon as they scale to your own pokemon's level.

Gonna go with the above. R2 Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, definitely. Pokémon Stadium 1 R2 isn't as bad because Psychic is overpowered as all hell in Gen 1, so you can just demolish everyone in Prime and Master Cups with Mewtwo or Alakazam. It's pretty tough otherwise, though.

Out of the actual main games, hm. Pokémon games are generally really easy, so it's more a matter of which games had the most occurrences of difficult battles here and there. I'd say G/S/C. Whitney's Miltank is a monster at that point in the game, and Claire is awful if you don't have an ice type. Red is tough, but mostly becausee it's a complete slog grinding up high enough to beat him when nothing in the game is above 40-50.

Xa

The Phoenix reborn
Well, the ones I played looked all fairly easy. Sometimes, most of the time, that probably was because my team was too over-leveled. But, the one I had trouble at the end beating the champ was probably B2. (Black2) More than having trouble I thought it was a great match; it surely made me come up with good strategy and decisions.

X and Y. But everything else in the game made up for that. I wish there was a game where simply walking in the line of sight of a trainer didnt trigger a battle just if you talk to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom