• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Gym Leader?

With a total of 50 Gym Leaders across the in-game Pokémon world, each one is there to test your abilities. Eventually, one Gym Leader might stump you and your Pokémon, making you have to train harder. Like what the title describes, who is the hardest Gym Leader of all to you?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
My hardest gym leader was either Clay in the most recent game (my team wasn't condusive to fighting Ground type since I hadn't gotten Oshawot or Snivy and hadn't bothered catching a water type prior) or Liza & Tate in my runs through Emerald when I chose Blazekin (though my most recent one I got an Absol which was really helpful).

Honestly it all depends on my starter usually. Consistently I do have problems with Liza & Tate so I guess they'd be the hardest ones I've ever gone against, though not super hard.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It all depends on your team. For me, it's typically most of the Dragon type Gym Leaders that are the most difficult. This would include Clair, Drayden and Iris (save for Lance considering he's a member of the Elite Four). I'm not sure why, but I've always found it difficult to defeat them. In addition, I remember having a long battle with Fantina in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Maylene was also a challenge because of her rather powerful Lucario. Though this is somewhat off-topic, I must admit that Candice's gym was very confusing to maneuver. The snowball puzzle was fairly challenging, and not something I anticipated.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Out of all the ones I fought I have to say Whitney from Gen II. Seriously, the first two gym leaders were easy and then her stupid Miltank destroys you. I didn't even stand a chance. I'm still grinding levels so I can beat her.

Lewmonkaizer

luminouskaiser
Don't get me started, there are a lot of tough gym leaders in Pokemon, hardest for me (and for a lot of people): Whitney. SCREW YOU MILTANK AND YOUR ROLLOUT

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Most times I just plow through gym leaders with no problems. However, the first time I played Emerald I got destroyed by Tate and Lisa even though I had Sceptile. It took a pretty unorthodox strategy for me to beat them.

I also seem to recall struggling with Blaine, Norman, Fantina and Claire.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Surprisingly, this award goes to Marlon because of his Jellicent. He's the only gym leader I've ever lost to twice. Ever.

Mido

Version 1
There are two gyms (Or groups), in my view, that really take the cake for me in this case:

Elesa, of Nimbasa City: It took me a good six tries to take her down. It was her Emolga that really did the damage, with its Volt Switch and all, even my Boldore at the time couldn't take Elesa.

Then, there's pretty much any Dragon Type Gym, which I feel has been overused in the series for some reason. It's not even like they're overkill, but it's a big pain for me to have to get some ice-type pokemon that I could barely train and what not at the current point, or just try and find some TM's to boost my water type pokemon capabilites. Nonetheless, even though in general, they are difficult to face, which is true, but the Dragon Gyms are just major pains in the behind for me. :dry:

The electric type gym from B/W. Almost everyone there had one or more Emolga's, even the gym leader Elesa had fricking two!
And those bloody demonic things are pure evil. They are flying/electric type, so geuss what?

Electric's only weakness is ground, but that's out of the question since they are flying in the air. (Just coming from a desert this gym just feels like gamefreak was giving you the finger). The weaknesses of flying are ice, rock and electric. The last one is ****, since they are electric. There's no way you would have an ice Pokémon at this point, they are however available after you beat the gym and the bridge opens. So the only possibility is rock type. Hm... geuss what? Flying type can kill rock type Pokémon in a matter of seconds.

Grrrrr.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ive lost to Wittny Liza & Tate Fanteina Fighting gym leader in gen 4 and the only two that I really struggled with was in gen 5 was he Chile and Elesa.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I agree with Whitney but a gym leaders difficulty can sometimes be trying to get to them in which case the gen 5 dark gym is annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom