• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Happy About Delays?

Now that BotW is out, are you happy that it was delayed so many times?

• The delays made it worse.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
So Breath of the Wild was delayed several times, at least twice and I think a third time. Could somebody help me out here please? Anyway, these delays were super frustrating at the time, but now that the game is out are you happy with how it turned out? Were the delays worth it so that Breath of the wild could be the best it could be?

I know I'm happy that the Zelda Team took it's time with this game. Sure the delays were disappointing at the time, but now that I have seen the final product I see it was for the best. I have learned a valuable lesson and will be happy if they delay the next Legend of Zelda (I would also be happy if they don't).

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Don't mind the delay, but the unfortunate side-effect of delaying it long enough to make it a dual release, they dropped giving it gamepad features to favour the Switch release. That's about the only thing I'm unhappy with.

It's an extreme case of delayed gratification. 2015 and 2016 were some of the worst years for Nintendo with a few gems like FE Fates, Splatoon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X thrown into the mix. Now Breath of the Wild looks to be one of many great games this year for the Switch. As Miyamoto said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever."

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do we know what game play features they scraped?
muh scrap is the bleating cry of everyone who can't press the minus button to view the minimap. The game wouldn't have made exceptional use of the gamepad whether it was released in 2015, 2016, or now in 2017, and even if it did, it would amount to viewing the minimap for fast travel and nothing more.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
muh scrap is the bleating cry of everyone who can't press the minus button to view the minimap. The game wouldn't have made exceptional use of the gamepad whether it was released in 2015, 2016, or now in 2017, and even if it did, it would amount to viewing the minimap for fast travel and nothing more.
Managing the menu on the gamepad screen and use it for the map would have been great. I loved those features in WWHD and TPHD

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Managing the menu on the gamepad screen and use it for the map would have been great. I loved those features in WWHD and TPHD
The game has too much fluidity to effectively make use of real time management, I'd be pausing every time to do it regardless or I'd probably die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom