• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Guitar Covers of A Link to the Past

Manolito Mystiq

Innovative Artist
@The Dark World post: You got the descending progression part correct. Many, and I mean, many musicians either have the harmony wrong or the main melody. Good job.

And cool, man. I had the same idea in mind, only for solo classical guitar. I’m practically done transcribing every single piece, and now it’s up to arranging for guitar. Obviously some pieces are impossible to play ‘as is’ on one guitar only (namely Ganon’s Battle theme), but others seem to work very well.

I’ve posted most of my transcriptions on another thread, but obviously you don’t need them, anymore.

Last edited:
D

dotngtrtech

It's pretty cool hearing some of these songs. I really liked the lost woods tune. And I second the opinion about the Dark World theme - that isn't the easiest song in the world to play. Good job so far.

@ Manolito Mystiq - I did that very thing as far as acoustic covers in 2011. I didn't do everything 1:1 though, but I arranged 18 songs for acoustic guitar. I've got two of them up on my reverbnation page still. That url is: David "C.T" Carpenter Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos. I used to have all 18 tracks on there but recently started putting up my original tunes. One of these days I'll try to get a video up on youtube of the songs.

- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom