• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Greatest Hits Packaging

I have a question for you guys. What looks better?
This
g16960w7340.jpg
or this?
RaCbox.jpg
I'm going to assume you picked the black label because the red label is ugly. I don't know about you guys, but I'm extremely picky when it comes to games. I like to have the case, the manual, I like to have my games complete and I want them to look nice. Something that I will always hate are these greatest hits covers or whatever. On the PS1, you had a green label. PS2 had a red label. Gamecube had a yellow label that said Player's Choice. PS3 had the whole entire case red. 360 has grey cases and labels that said platinum hits and Wii has this weird frame thing. Bottom line, I hate these things. They make the case look ugly and out of place. I'm not saying that green, yellow and red are bad colors, but for me it is annoying that they would change the color of the cases and labels. Some people might not care, but I do. What are your thought on these packages?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm going to assume you picked the black label because the red label is ugly.

Actually, I didn't pick black. Then again, I didn't pick red either. I honestly do not see a difference between these two packages. They look the same to me, regardless of the different-colored label. I don't really care how the case looks as long as the game is good. Of course, it's always nice to have good box art, but it isn't really that important to me...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It really depends for me. Is the case more suited for the black labeling? Or is it more suited for red? A good example is the game Kingdom Hearts II. I would hate to have Greatest Hits packaging for that game, as the boxart does not fit with red in my opinion. I always have black. On the contrary, I would absolutely love to have greatest hits packaging for Star Ocean:Till the End of Time, but sadly, I'm stuck with that crummy GameStop package thing.

It really depends for me. Is the case more suited for the black labeling? Or is it more suited for red? A good example is the game Kingdom Hearts II. I would hate to have Greatest Hits packaging for that game, as the boxart does not fit with red in my opinion. I always have black. On the contrary, I would absolutely love to have greatest hits packaging for Star Ocean:Till the End of Time, but sadly, I'm stuck with that crummy GameStop package thing.

Those things are even worse. Anything is better than GameStop packages.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Actually, I didn't pick black. Then again, I didn't pick red either. I honestly do not see a difference between these two packages. They look the same to me, regardless of the different-colored label. I don't really care how the case looks as long as the game is good. Of course, it's always nice to have good box art, but it isn't really that important to me...

If you couldn't see a difference, then you really need glasses. One clearly has an obnoxious red label that says "Greatest Hits". It just ruins the box-art and is there for no other reason but to show off how well it sold. I hate having my games in a collection and seeing some of them that are out of place, just because of a stupid label. Sometimes they even go as far as giving you an uglier colored box with smaller art.

This is just unacceptable.
$(KGrHqVHJEYE+Tc3qhHhBQVpyEYDP!~~60_35.JPG

I don't think Microsoft goes by that format anymore, but it just goes to show you how bad it was.

There were a couple of games on the PS3 that did the Greatest Hits thing correctly. The red label was apart of the plastic you rip off after purchasing the game. Now that is genius.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the only greatest hits labels that actively bug me are the ps3 ones where they made the entire damn case red,players choice and the ps1/ps2 versions i really don't mind all that much,though w/ the ps2 it depends if the red can go in line w/ the cover art
the nintendo selects boarder is just kinda stupid,i don't really hate it...but why

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom