• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great flood based off of Noah's ark?

This is just me but I don't understand the question?

The question is about Wind Waker being based on the events of Noah's Ark, and if they are connected. Like did the maker's of Wind Waker think of what happend in the telling of Noah's Ark from the Bible while making this story.

Anyway, my take on it is that they didn't. I mean its possible, they could have gotten the idea from it, but they could have gotten the idea from anywhere. The only thing that really relates is the fact that there was a major flood. Nothing else has really been proven or stated elsewise, and I don't think Nintendo went into much depth from the Bible story to make the game and have multiple things referenced.

The creators were probably thinking "What could the goddesses possibly do to fix this problem", and all they could come up with was a flood. They couldn't set the entire world on fire because it would kill everything. They couldn't cause a massive earthquake because that wouldn't do much to Ganon, but mess a lot of things up that people would just have to build back. Flooding it, while leaving some land above water where people could go, would have been their best option.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Considering there is a flood myth of some sort in almost every culture, they could have gotten it from any number of sources.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Considering in the field of comparative mythology Deluge Myths(good name for a project huh?) has a whole sub-section, to say that WW is based on the story of Noah is similar to the whole Kleenx/tissue thing, there are a bunch of myths(brands) but one is more prevalent in the western world. Atlatis type myths also crop up around the world, I remember the Irish version was a combination of the usual fairy land with a sunken civilization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom