• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

• I Prefer The Graphics Used In TP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Prefer The Graphics Being Used In SS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

bangg

o man

I am so sad to see the old cartoon look tp was so cool it was like a super real look but the new one just looks like a regular cartoon game :cry:

O man plz make a new zelda game like tp it was so realistic it was like epic this looks like a cartoon:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
The poll is (in my opinion) asking " do you like graphic style A, or graphic style A upgraded?" Because, SS graphics are really just TP + WW graphics, at least, I think that!

I personally like the painted toon like look of SS.. its sort of the best of all .. it looks almost like a blend of Twilight, Ocarina, and windwaker, if you could smash all those games styles into one game .. I think that game would be SS.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Much as I don't like the cel-shading of Wind Waker, mixing it with TP realism was a step in the right direction. To me, the graphics are a bit of a throwback to the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask days, where teh graphics were as real as they could be, but they did have a bit of toon-ism to it. Also, Zelda is a fantasy world, plainly said. The cel-shading helps give it that feel, plus it gives you more room to create less realistic tools and such. Sure, Nintendo could make the same gadgets with full realism and they'd still look good, but I don't think the Beedle would look as good in the TP realism as it would in this combination of TP and TWW graphics.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Much as I don't like the cel-shading of Wind Waker, mixing it with TP realism was a step in the right direction. To me, the graphics are a bit of a throwback to the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask days, where teh graphics were as real as they could be, but they did have a bit of toon-ism to it. Also, Zelda is a fantasy world, plainly said. The cel-shading helps give it that feel, plus it gives you more room to create less realistic tools and such. Sure, Nintendo could make the same gadgets with full realism and they'd still look good, but I don't think the Beedle would look as good in the TP realism as it would in this combination of TP and TWW graphics.

Do you know what cel-shading is? Just asking.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I know they're different. SS is based on the oil painting style of Claude Monet and Vincent van Gogh. It is a mixture of the realism and cel-shading, ant that is the result.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I prefer the TP art style like used in the Wii U trailer and if the wii was more powerful the TP artstyle would probably look nicer, on Dolphin(the wii emulator) you can see TP in HD quality but it is laggy because most pc's can't handle it. Skyward sword uses graphics appropriate for the wii just like super Mario galaxy and you can't really complain that they are not in HD because it would not make that big of a difference. Im really going to have to play the game for myself on a 32 inch TV to see which exactly is better. TP did not look blurry in the trailers or on a small screen TV, but on my TV it does, so I'll play SS on there and see if like Mario galaxy the graphics look good even on a big TV.

Though i like the graphics there using in Skyward Sword, I do wish they stayed away from the cartoon style. I don't think cartoon style suits the legend of Zelda to be honest :/

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Though i like the graphics there using in Skyward Sword, I do wish they stayed away from the cartoon style. I don't think cartoon style suits the legend of Zelda to be honest :/

What are you talking about? The style used in Skyward Sword is the same exact style in used in Zelda games like OoT and TP, just with different shading. Since when has Zelda never looked like a cartoon?

kaimason1

the Wanderer
I love the graphics in SS, because instead of trying to create the most realistic graphics as most mainstream games do, the artists seem to have done a great job of fitting the story. Twilight Princess was too hazy and too realistic for the technology.

S

spiderbrush

I'd have to go with Skyward Sword. While there were areas in Twilight Princess I considered beautiful (such as Twilight Hyrule, Zora's Domain, and the outside of the Twilight Palace), Skyward Sword looks to be a lot prettier. I personally prefer cel-shaded graphics compared to realistic graphics. I also like a lot of (bright) colors, which Skyward Sword definitely has. What we've seen from Skyloft and the Flying mini game look especially beautiful. I don't think the Flying mini game would look as pretty with Twilight Princess's graphics.

So yes, it's Skyward Sword for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom