• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Grade 11 Advanced Math

Im in grade 9 right now and really want to get into engineering, and to do that you need to be good in math and science. Those are my best subjects. But my teacher recommended me for not going past academic level math in grade 10. In the first term i got 96 but this term i somehow got around 80, i honestly don't know how i got such a low mark when I'm finding this term easier than the first. So, away from my backstory, i just want to know what stuff is in the course. I'm also wondering why it's called 11 advanced instead of just eleven or ten advanced. And i also want to know how tough it really is, my brother said it's tougher than calculus which is university level.

Im in grade 9 right now and really want to get into engineering, and to do that you need to be good in math and science. Those are my best subjects. But my teacher recommended me for not going past academic level math in grade 10. In the first term i got 96 but this term i somehow got around 80, i honestly don't know how i got such a low mark when I'm finding this term easier than the first. So, away from my backstory, i just want to know what stuff is in the course. I'm also wondering why it's called 11 advanced instead of just eleven or ten advanced. And i also want to know how tough it really is, my brother said it's tougher than calculus which is university level.

Course titles like that are different from school to school. What it sounds like is 11 Advanced Would be Math above and beyond that of what a Junior would normally be doing. If you got an 80% in the course you're in now. I wouldn't recommend skipping any courses, but rather taking the one you next normally would be taking. If I were you, I would follow the teacher's recommendation. If after your sophomore year you decide you want to go even more advanced you can pick up enrichment courses at your local community college.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Being in only grade 9 you have some time to pick up and do great in math and sciences. I wouldnt rush yourself. Enjoy your time as well. once it is gone its gone and youll not have another chance at it. My hat goes off to you wanting to do so well but as i said you have time to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom