• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gorons Horrible Speices

M

majorasmask

well gorons are a dead end spieces they have to eat rocks from death mountian and i think it was impossible they survived the flood even though i like them i had to adress this

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well...I don't think the Gorons actually HAD to eat DEATH MOUNTAIN rocks. Can't say for sure, but Gorons can most likely eat ANY kinda rock.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Goron's had survived the flood if you take a look at the Goron Merchants who had been scattered around The Great Sea. They are also present in Spirit Tracks which takes place a long time after both Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time. The Gorons stated that they could eat any type of rock but they were just big gourmets that it was very difficult to eat certain rocks.

Well...I don't think the Gorons actually HAD to eat DEATH MOUNTAIN rocks. Can't say for sure, but Gorons can most likely eat ANY kinda rock.

Yes they can. They're just gourmets for Dodongo's Cavern rocks.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I have to say Smitie covered this pretty well in her article about the Gorons.

But adressing the theory, as long as they have rocks (they probably need volcanic rocks which is probably why they only ate Dodongo's Cavern rocks in OoT) and some way to escape the water (secret passage to Death Mountain Crater in Goron City/Goron City being too high up for the water to reach) they're fine.

Also, they were probably just as likely to survive the flood as the Zoras (who became the Rito), the Kokiri (who became the Koroks), and the Hylians. After all, they could've went up to the top of Death Mountain via the secret passage in Goron City. Another possibility is that Goron City was too high up for the water to reach to begin with (seems unlikely though). The scale of Death Mountain seemed a little exaggerated but there is a chance, however slim, that Goron City was too high up for the water to reach.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
the gorons didn't die out. As explained earlier, they are the merchants in the trading sequence, though if you doubt appearances, look at the Goron Sigil on their backpacks...

Anyway, they can eat any kind of rock, but liked the ones in Dodongo's Cavern the best, as evidenced in Majora's Mask when you took the tender-rock sirloin (?) to the goron with Don Garo's mask. Even the Terminian Gorons have heard of the delicacy that is them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom