• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Mines Enjoyable?

Did anyone find the goron mines oddly non-frustrating? I thought that the Goron Mines was a very calm enjoyable dungeon. I entered prepared for a huge challenge, and i never died (and i didnt even have a fairy with me!). I just finished the goron mines, so i cant say that its my favorite dungeon, but so far it is. Here are some cool parts that made the goron mines different from other dungeons:

-Collecting all 3 parts of the big key from the elders!

-The magnetic movers/trails were so neat! Link can walk upside down!

-You can actually kill beamos statues!

-You arent bombarded by enemies!

I dont know about what everyone else thinks, but i love the gorons, and i usually am a big fan of their dungeons. Goron Mines is no exception!

Zarom

The King
Me too. I always liked the Gorons, but it isn't one of my favorite dungeons. But I had really much fun doing it. Like you said, it was calm and there were good moments in it. Like to encounter the Gorons Elders, they give you parts of the keys and such. :cool:

I also like the magnetic system with the Iron Boots, yeah, that it what I prefered. :) Ennemies were cool, too. :D

In some, a really good dungeon. :nod:

Yes. It is in a sense one of my favorite dungeons, competing still with Arbiter's Grounds.

I like it for virtually everything. Ever since the Bow came into existence in a 3D world where aim was involved, I've always loved to just take it off and be able to pick off people or things, and this dungeon actually let me do it multiple times. With all the Beamos statues, and the bulblins all just lining on the wood in the outside area, it was beautiful.

Other than that, there was actually a couple of things that annoyed me though.

The constant use of the Iron Boots. Yes, yes, it's a good new invention, but there does come a problem with it. When you have to walk on ceilings just to get to the other side of the room, and it takes so long to do that, while all you listen to is clunk, clunk, clunk, it just flat out annoys me. Like on my last play through a couple of day ago, I went the wrong way to get the Piece of Heart, and actually went to the exit door, so I had to go all the way back and get the Heart Piece, and then go all the way back and go to the door. It took FOREVER.

And then of course, the treasure chest that they put way up in the middle of nowhere, somehow expecting that you would come back at some random time to get it. I just think about it everytime I go through and it doesn't make me too happy.

But otherwise I liked it a lot. I thought every other use of the Iron Boots was good, the three different boss keys pieces I would've liked to see more of in different dungeons.

It was a pretty good dungeons, but I felt it was actually one of the weaker dungeons in the game.

The time spent walking on the magnetic surfaces was annoying, although the concept was great. I also felt the boss was the most pathetic of the entire game.

And although I love the bow, the way it was used in this dungeon somehow didn't appeal to me that much.

I guess I can't really explain it all too well. It was still a good dungeon, though.

(Oh, and the Beamos have always been an enemy you can kill, except for in ALttP, although the method is different depending on the game.)

I liked the Goron Mines dungeon.

I thought that the areas, that were magnetic were fun.
And I liked the way you got the Big Key by getting all the pieces of it from the Goron elders.
Plus the dungeons mini boss was cool.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
The Goron Mines was a cool dungeon. It was quite interesting how the Iron Boots and Bow and Arrow were used. Though, I found it a little odd walking around on the ceiling or on walls in a Zelda Game.

It was smart how the Bow and Arrow was not only used to defeat various enemies inside this dungeon, but used to cut far away ropes to make things react. Also fun using the Iron Boots to keep yourself on the ground just before the dungeon.

In my opinion, the boss was way too easy. I can beat it very quickly without taking damage. It lacked difficulty a lot, as did many other of the dungeon bosses in Twilight Princess. It was a cool boss, in appearance and strategy, though. :)

Still, it was a pretty good dungeon that I liked, so it was pretty enjoyable. My favorite room was the large room with water underneath where you walk, and loads of Bulbins firing flaming arrows. I liked it because I enjoyed acting like a ninja and sniping down the bulbins with arrows, and even more fun, blowing up the barrels that explode to kill the Bulbins. :)

The Goron Mines is one of those dungeons that will keep the series alive because it's full of new ideas. The way the iron boots were used was very creative, and just the scenery of the mine itself was very impressive with massive magnets all of the place. It really gives you the feeling that the series is going towards the future and improving with it. The mini-boss was also very creative. Swinging him around and throwing him into the lava was much more fum that other min bosses of the series. While the boss wasn't as impressive as the others in TP, I still found him to be fun. But he wasn't nearly as massive and intimidating as all the others.

I loved the Goron Mines and always enjoy it on every play through of TP...

I liked it more than OoT's Fire Temple as it actually felt as if it was a temple built inside of a Volcano/whatever Death Mountain is, The Fire Temple to me never really felt like an actual temple built into a Volcano....It just didn't feel right for a Volcano but the Goron Mines does.

It is also very creative with what it makes you do with the Iron Boots however tediously slow it was :lol:, I will always love this Temple though, It is one of the better Zelda Temples I have played through in terms of enjoying the temple and for relaxation.

It is a more laid back temple than most others....

I'm pretty sure that we have always been able to kill ARMOS statues, not BEAMOS statues

Actually he was quite right.

You can only not kill them in ALTTP and LA, but you can bomb them in OoT and MM, in Wind Waker you can shoot them with an arrow, we know of TP, and in PH you can shoot them in the eye again.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I loved the Goron mines. I think the Gorons are a neat race, real sweethearts beneath their tough exteriors, so they are always fun to help. TP's Goron Mines were especially fun for me because of the magnetic walls and celings. I just thought walking around on the ceiling in the iron boots was so cool. It was a neat way to experience a dungeon.

I also like to *make merciless fun* of that aspect, though. As in, okay, Link's hat stays in the same positon as always. Hello, gravity? Where did you go? And his sword (which would logically be made of steel - which is a kind of iron) stayed in its scabbard... his shield, too (if you have the metal Hylian shield at this point, which I always did). There are quite a lot of comics on Deviant Art that deal with this - with poor Link stuck by his shield to the magnet, his sword getting caught, etc. :lol: I mean, video game logic only goes *so far,* so I have to wonder what kind of "special iron" was in the iron boots so that the Goron magnets only attracted it and not the other stuff it would have logically attracted.

C

Crystal Clair

I think the Goron Mines were cool but I wouldn't say calm. The whole place made me feel very hot and overwhelmed by the glowing hot graphics. The way the whole place was wavy with heat, with all the fire shooting in blasts, I'd hardly call that calming. There were some relaxing rooms though

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I liked the goron mines. The only thing i found frustrating at all was once i was playing through it (my arm was burnt) and i was kinda flimsy so to speak with the controls and i kept falling into the lava until i used up my fairy. But other than that it was pretty cool.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Having just completed TP a few days ago, I can safely post my opinions of the game without fear of running into spoilers. :xd:

I thought the Goron Mines were fun, being able to walk on the walls and ceiling was a great Idea and it really made this dungeon stand out compared to the other 3-D fire-based dungeons. I would even go so far as to consider the Goron Mines my favorite fire themed zelda dungeon, I really liked being able to walk on walls. :nod:

Though none of the puzzles inside the dungeon really, well, puzzled me, I had lots of trouble with the mini-boss fight. I kept tossing him the wrong direction, so that he always came just short of falling off. It took me a couple tries to get a good stratagy down, and I found that very refreshing after the ease with which I finished the Forest Temple.

I was also a bit suprised at what the dungeon item was, after all I had a sling-shot which worked fine, why did they decide to give you a bow so soon? And while I still don't have an answer to that question, I found that I didn't really care after a while anyway. :P I loved the design for the bow in this game, it was an actual longbow, which is what comes to my mind when I think of a bow.

I also found the boss fight to be more than a little on the easy side, though it was still an interesting boss and it was also an enjoyable fight.

All in all, I thought the Goron Mines were great, though a little too easy, they also felt 'new'. It didn't feel like a rehash of the Fire Temple or Dragon Roost Cavern, it actually felt new, which is what I think would be a good path for the series to continue, though I would ask for a little more difficulty with my new-ness next time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom