• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good Night Irene!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
An old expression, but yeah... there's a hurricane going on/on the way.

All you folks along the East Coast of the U.S., be careful out there. Watch for flooding and winds. Evacuate if authorities tell you to. Stay off the roads if you can.

As for me, I'll probably be alright. I'm inland north of Philly, where I live is near a major creek but is on high ground. I also live on a second floor. I'm hoping the power wont' go out, but I've dealt with that kind of thing before and recently.

This thread is open for people to post updates and to let others know they're okay, so on and so forth.

I was just talking to a friend who lives in New York about this. Irene is expected downgrade to a Category 1 by the time it reaches Long Island. That said, it is still necessary to take precaution, since even though they may not receive the full brunt of the hurricane, they might still have to endure powerful winds, thunderstorms, power outages, etc. that can often spawn from this violent weather phenomenon. There also exists the chance of tornadoes that may "tear off" from the storm.

I once lived near the Gulf of Mexico, a place where hurricanes hit quite often, so I know what to expect. I hope for the best for everyone living on the east coast. :yes:

i live in NC, so yeah, tomorrow were gonna get hit with lots of rain and wind. but ill keep updated on the losses/bad things that've happened from the hurricane! ^^

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm in Baltimore. We're supposed to feel Irene's effects starting Sunday morning. Thankfully, all we're supposed to get is some heavy winds and rain, so nothing too big. My college's orientation events for Saturday night and all of Sunday have been canceled so as to encourage people to stay indoors. I'm just really hoping the power doesn't go out.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
The name is kind of ironic because Irene means "peaceful". Anyways, she passed next to South Florida a couple of days ago, and there was no major damage done to us.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Wow, I live near the Gulf of Mexico,but I moved to somewhat in the middle of where I live, but I never been in a hurricane, and hopefully it won't hit where I live.

Thunder-ocarina

It's a secret to everyone
I live in Massachusetts and All we got was a lot of wind and rain so far. I can see the ocean from my room and as far as I can tell there hasn't been any flooding whatsoever. I don't think the peak has passed us and I Think what was hitting us was actually a tropical storm and for us the power hasn't even gone out. A couple sticks fell out of our tree but other people that I know had a tree land on their house =(

Jedizora

:right:
Power went out for around 40 hours near me. It was torture, I had nothing to do. But, at least its over now.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Irene is passing through as I type this. The wind is ridiculously fast, it's freezing in my house, it's 12:30 AM so I'm tired, I can't sleep, our roof's leaking, our basement is full of water (I think...),

Ugh. CURSE YOU IRENE!

Nicole

luke is my wife
When I was in New Jersey, our power went out, but I hear it's back on now. We also had a lot of rain and some flooding. I live right next to a soccer field, and the WHOLE FIELD was flooded. It looked like a lake. We decided to leave for Baltimore yesterday, but it took us almost five and a half hours to get here (by car) due to the amount of closed off roads caused by downed trees or flooding. The hotel in Baltimore I'm staying at has power, though, and so does Camden Yards, so I'm good. :bleh:

I heard other places got hit very hard, flooding-wise. I was watching the news, and I saw rivers IN THE ROAD. I've heard of quite a few casualties as well. I hope all is well for everyone here. My best wishes go out to you all.

Erebea said:
I couldn't of said it better myself. This perfectly expresses my feelings of Hurricane Irene.

Just because very little happened in NJ doesn't mean you should be disappointed. Be glad you're alive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom