• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gobli Story Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
New Story Contest #1

Welcome to the new Gobli Story Contest. It’s been several years since I last hosted a writing contest, and I am excited about it. :D

Here is the list of participants. I am included but only because I am the host. In future contests I may enter if someone else acts as host.

List: Gobli, FireVsIce, Mamono101, Himura Kenshin, Solace, Shadsie, Dragoncat, Dr Horrible, Magatha, PokaLink, A Link In Time. (If I forgot somebody do excuse me and let me know so I can add your name)

Well, I am going to be pretty straight forward with this.

1. Write a story featuring Princess Zelda and a Unicorn. This could be a normal story, a poem, a drama, whatever you want, as long as you give us something to read and vote on. *Remember, you can add any other characters you want, even from other games. Just go wild, but don't forget to include the two required components.

2. 500 is the word limit, but if you feel you must go over that, then go ahead, just don’t hand in a story that’s triple that amount. :P

3. Contest starts today (Wednesday) and ends Wednesday 18th, 6:00 PM Central US Time. Anything submitted after that will not count.

4. Winner gets a kitty from the gift shop. (And maybe a small button as well in case you wanna add it to your siggy; that is, if I am able to make it) Winner also gets to pick the next two or three story requirements for the next contest, if we have one. *Note, not every contest will be about Zelda, I just decided to open the first one with her since we are in a Zelda Forum. :)

5. PM me and only me your entry. I will take care of setting everything up for voting. Don't post the story here either, or elsewhere. If you post it, you will be disqualified and banned from future competitions, so that you may learn your lesson. Ok, so maybe not banned, haha, but yeah, disqualified.

Good luck, and have fun writing your story. :cool:

**It is never too late to enter the contest if you want in, just make sure you pm me and let me know about it so that I count you in officially. Also, hand in your story before the deadline and you will be fine.**

Use this thread if you have any questions, or for bragging if you win the contest. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Ur, today is June 12. June 14 is cutting it kind of close, even for something with a low word count. I'm actually already writing something for one of my ongoing stories. Maybe extend the deadline a bit? Let us think upon the story theme for a little bit?

Even when I used to do drabble (100 word story) contests on LiveJournal, they gave you a WEEK to write something.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ur, today is June 12. June 14 is cutting it kind of close, even for something with a low word count. I'm actually already writing something for one of my ongoing stories. Maybe extend the deadline a bit? Let us think upon the story theme for a little bit?

Even when I used to do drabble (100 word story) contests on LiveJournal, they gave you a WEEK to write something.

No problem. ^^ I just went with three days since I thought you people would be able to handle writing a short story in that span of time. How many days do you need? I could extend it to Monday 6 PM CUST. Does that work better? If so, I will edit the first post to that date and time, just let me know if that works or if you need more than that.

Btw, if you've already submitted the story to me, but you wish to make changes, you still can, so long as the due date has not arrived. Just let me know so I am aware that you are making changes. ~Gobli

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Alright. The story will be due this coming Wednesday 18th, 6:00 PM Central US Time

You folks have enough time to work on the project. ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I thought the first deadline was a bit close too. That's why I worked my tail off on it as much as I could today, ended up finishing it...

A week will be a good amount of time, I suggest using it in the future :)

I shall, if peeps want me to continue the contests. :) Remember, feel free to keep working on your story if you feel like it. ;)

Magatha

Magatha
Poems are acceptable, unicorn for a subject, and nearly a week to write the thing? This might just be the first writing contest that actually sounds possible for me. I'll see if I can come up with something, but if not, I will be sure to read everyone's entries. I love unicorns.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Poems are acceptable, unicorn for a subject, and nearly a week to write the thing? This might just be the first writing contest that actually sounds possible for me. I'll see if I can come up with something, but if not, I will be sure to read everyone's entries. I love unicorns.

I will add you to the list, then. Doesn't matter if you don't have the time to finish the story in the end.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
First off, welcome to the Competition team, Gobli!

I took the liberty of moving both of your threads to the Competitions forum. Practically all of the competitions and the discussions surrounding them belong here, so they should go here in the future. Whenever you make a new thread, I'll try to remember to stick them to the top of this section.

Good luck on running things. I may even join in on the entries sometime. ^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
First off, welcome to the Competition team, Gobli!

I took the liberty of moving both of your threads to the Competitions forum. Practically all of the competitions and the discussions surrounding them belong here, so they should go here in the future. Whenever you make a new thread, I'll try to remember to stick them to the top of this section.

Good luck on running things. I may even join in on the entries sometime. ^^

Wait what? o_O You mean I got the job? I can't believe it! Awesome! :D *pulls hair and screams loudly*

Thanks for moving the threads. I'll try to do my best as part of the Competition Team. I'll probably talk to you and other Competition Members so I can arrange the schedule of competitions, etc. For now, thank you and the entire staff very much. And yes, hope to see you competing soon. :yes:

Btw, we have a new participant: ALIT, or A Link In Time

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
500 is the word limit, but if you feel you must go over that, then go ahead
I love you so much for this. Every entry I submitted with the old writing competition always ended up being something like 510 words and I had to agonize over what to take out. XD

I might join in, but for now, there's no need to add me to the list. I'll PM you if any ideas come to me, and if not, maybe I'll just enter next week. ^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I love you so much for this. Every entry I submitted with the old writing competition always ended up being something like 510 words and I had to agonize over what to take out. XD

I might join in, but for now, there's no need to add me to the list. I'll PM you if any ideas come to me, and if not, maybe I'll just enter next week. ^^

Awesome, that sounds like a plan. :)

And, just so you peeps who entered the competition know, I was told I could participate as well. So I have written something already. Lemme tell you all that it was hard for me to come up with something with just 500 words. I went over that by a lot, lol, so I had to shorten it quite a bit. It still is over 800, but I am trying to make it work. If you need to go that length, go, don't worry about it. In the end, though, if I can't get my story to around 550-600-700 words at least, I might not submit it, unless I see that there are longer ones in the mix. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom