• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I know that he's more powerful than all the other Gerudo, but he's still clearly human.
Barely human. In the wind waker even without his triforce of power he took many hits with the master sword and had to have it plunged into his head to take him down. A mortal man would have died far easier. Also he was shot multiple times with light arrows, which destroys anything in a single hit. Unless this was all the result of power from the triforce being absorbed by him, giving him this extra strength even without actually possessing the triforce itself then he is very far from being a mortal man.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Barely human. In the wind waker even without his triforce of power he took many hits with the master sword and had to have it plunged into his head to take him down. A mortal man would have died far easier. Also he was shot multiple times with light arrows, which destroys anything in a single hit. Unless this was all the result of power from the triforce being absorbed by him, giving him this extra strength even without actually possessing the triforce itself then he is very far from being a mortal man.

...Dude. It's called a video game battle. Do you think they would have us kill him in one stroke? Hardly. The same goes with how enemies die. Do you really think they'd explode in a puff of smoke? And with Link. We get hit plenty of times while playing and don't die just because we got hit with a blade or an arrow. And if Link dies, we just start over. Zelda isn't about using complete logic when it comes to things like this. That argument doesn't hold up at all.

That's debatable. I have seen some pretty ridiculous stuff on the official Zelda NoA website in the past. Besides, I only sonsider developer quotes and in-game evidence canon.

Anyway, this conversation is getting off topic.

It's in the freaking instruction manual plain as day, MM takes places in another dimension. It is not speculation or a theory but a complete confirmed fact.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
...Dude. It's called a video game battle. Do you think they would have us kill him in one stroke? Hardly. The same goes with how enemies die. Do you really think they'd explode in a puff of smoke?

They do if you shoot them with light arrows... well not a puff of smoke, more of a flash of light I suppose... Wow, originally this thread was about Ghirahim's master and who we thought it might be, and here we are talking about the mortality of Ganon. And then there is the other argument about MM being in an alternate world, hahaha.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
They do if you shoot them with light arrows... well not a puff of smoke, more of a flash of light I suppose... Wow, originally this thread was about Ghirahim's master and who we thought it might be, and here we are talking about the mortality of Ganon. And then there is the other argument about MM being in an alternate world, hahaha.

I meant with how they die, not with how many hits it takes. I should have clarified that.

It's in the freaking instruction manual plain as day, MM takes places in another dimension. It is not speculation or a theory but a complete confirmed fact.
I don't accept instruction manuals as fact either. The people who make the games are not the same people who write the instruction manuals.

Yeah, they kinda do...
No, they kinda don't...

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I meant with how they die, not with how many hits it takes. I should have clarified that.
Well that's for artistic purposes isn't it. If they did not do that there would be bodies everywhere.

I don't accept instruction manuals as fact either. The people who make the games are not the same people who write the instruction manuals.

It was clearly stated as a pretty major plot point, I don't see why that would be thrown in there. Not to mention link gets there by falling down a tunnel of strange lights then going through a twisty corridor that warps the screen. Nevermind the fact he fell underground and then walked out of the Clock Tower as though he were at sea level the entire time. It's very clear it was intended as an alternate world. On every site, be it Nintendo or otherwise it is referred to as an alternate world and the game creates the effect to show that it's an alternate world and it is in the official game manual to boot. Off topic I know but I digress.

Sorry about the rant :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I know, but my point is Zelda isn't realistic with these things, so your argument about it taking many hits with the MS and Light Arrows is null.
Well it's hard to tell with these things. I see no reason for the light arrows and master sword if he were mortal, link should have simply been able to beat him with his sword and those power bracelets since he can lift such giant rocks.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In all reality, that would have been possible at that point. But the way they did it was much more epic.
Or. Ganondorf retained some of his powers, making him no longer mortal. He jumps over 30 feet into the air. No man can do this especially someone so big and heavy.

Did anybody watch the "full" introduction we get to see Ghirahim's Master's hand and he's hand looks like it's got three fingers, something you can work with there hopefully. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Did anybody watch the "full" introduction we get to see Ghirahim's Master's hand and he's hand looks like it's got three fingers, something you can work with there hopefully.
I don't know if that actually has significance though. The introduction is very artistic and is designed to look like a painting. Ghirahim on the left looks incredibly distorted. So if this master is reborn in the game it could actually look quite a bit different from what we see there in the intro. The Demon on the far right also has his arm raised and also appears to have three fingers, if he's in the game he could look more humanlike like Ghirahim and have 4 fingers and a thumb this would then mean there is a possibility for the Master to also have a different number of fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom