• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo Race

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I've played Ocarina of Time 3D for quite a while know. I love the game, but still have some questions about it. One of them is about the Gerudo race. I read that the Gerudo race is made up of only females, but once every 100 years, a Gerudo male is born and instantly King. But of Gerudo race is mostly made up of females, then how exactly do the Gerudo's...you know...reproduce? I've always wondered that. Does anyone have the answer?

By the way, here is a nice picture of Nabooru, a Gerudo.
Nabooru-Small.png

Last edited:

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
They take Hylian males and you know...
Another theory is parthenogenesis,
And Gerudo may mix genes with hylians, but their genes may be similar to the Amazonic Molly, a race almost entirley of females that can reproduce with males of other species and their offspring is almost a genetic clone of their mother

M

Majora'

guys... i don't ganon is part hylian i don't think he has pointy ears

T

Tammy#1

I believe they do it with Ganondorf.. as he's the king
+ I stopped playion OOT 3D because the 3D effects harms my eyes.

Djinn

and Tonic
I was actually hoping that with the rerelease of OoT on 3DS, Nintendo would add back all the extra story that was said to be removed to fit the game into the N64 cartridge. A few developers over the years said that they had to remove a lot of the story and character phrases because it did not all fit. So things were brought down to the most important game and quest related events and messages relevant to the story. I hoped that they would add back the extra quotes lost on the cutting room floor and it would clear up a few of these other questionable things that happen in and around Hyrule. Gerudo and everything about them was definitely one of those things I wished to learn some more of. We actually know so little about them, especially since they have only appeared in three games and have not made any recent appearances at all.

We mostly have two theories to go by in the game. First there is the Ganondorf, single male of the tribe thing. Which causes many to consider him the father of the next generation of Gerudos. And then there is the gossip stone which says Gerudo go to Hyrule for boyfriends. Again Hyrule being a magical place, certain races might have a few special magical properties to help them along that makes little to no sense science wise. It might be that any child of a Gerudo is a full blood Gerudo regardless of what the father was. I have seen something like that in fantasy stories before. While also their gene pool does not get any worse when there is a single father for a generation as well. It could be some kind of magic they are using, or divine intervention on part of their goddess, we do not know because it has still never been explained by Nintendo.

Alright, the Gossip Stone says they come to the market for boyfriends. But, what happened to all those mans? And, who is the mother of Ganondorf... :ganondorf:

lol who knows what the gerudos do with them after. maybe they just use them. those gerudos. and ganondorfs mother. wow she must be crazy. but when youre fighting koume and kotake while they are not like combined, navi says about both of them that theyre ganondorf's surrogate mother. now because im french (french was my secound language. but i go to french school) i dont know waht surrogate ( or whatever how its spelt) means. i hope that koume and kotake didnt just *shakes* to have ganondorf

Ganondork

goo
It's actually been said by a gossip stone near the Temple of Time that they travel to the market to get boyfriends. It's an interesting thing really, because then they'd actually be half-Hylian, resulting in an entirely impure race. This may be why the Gerudos are referred to as "thieves" but it seems unlikely. Although it'd be interesting that they are considered thieves simply because they steal away Hylian males simply to reproduce.

Ganonkiller said:
And, who is the mother of Ganondorf...

Twinrova - Koume and Kotake in Termina - are referred to as "Ganondorf's surrogate mothers." This doesn't really answer the question, but I'm guessing that's the closest we'll ever get to an answer from Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom