• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Mafia Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I say signups should start on Day 2 of Pendio's game, or in other words, really soon. I think that should stagger the games enough, considering that it will take some time to get the signups finished and PMs out.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Is a Beginner Mafia's game going to be playing while 2 other games are too, like I remember it being said in the Queue?

If so, does that mean that Gumball gets to bud?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Thanks, and sorry for the bother. I've been busy lately and it's hard to keep up with everything that's going on.

Such a bother ;)
Is your game completely ready to go, DH?

Is a Beginner Mafia's game going to be playing while 2 other games are too, like I remember it being said in the Queue?

If so, does that mean that Gumball gets to bud?

Good catch. In my opinion I say we allow it and see what response we get. If we get very few beginners (1 or 2) in the game, then I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we just completely get rid of beginners mafia (for a while). The Marshal, Dan, and Musicfan seem to be acclimating well enough so far (though I won't speak for them, just my opinion based on observation). I'd like to know what others think though.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think we should only have one game at a time for the most part. We kept having multiple games at once, and inactivity was rampant. If we set up even two games at once, I just know we won't have enough people, and if we do, the games will probably be inactive. It's best to keep it one game at a time, and to start a new game when the other one ends, except for maybe a beginners game.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I know that PancakeSamurai wants to play Beginner's Mafia. Or at least, he's considering it. And someone else also wants to play Beginner's Mafia.

So I do suggest we try and see what happens. But not now. Later on. Maybe at the end of day 2 in Pendio's game (in a weeks time, I'm guessing).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I know that PancakeSamurai wants to play Beginner's Mafia. Or at least, he's considering it. And someone else also wants to play Beginner's Mafia.

I'm still considering it and I'm still procrastinating on reading that stuff. :P

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think we should only have one game at a time for the most part. We kept having multiple games at once, and inactivity was rampant. If we set up even two games at once, I just know we won't have enough people, and if we do, the games will probably be inactive. It's best to keep it one game at a time, and to start a new game when the other one ends, except for maybe a beginners game.

Well, we need to consider other people that want to mod. One game is just too slow of a pace. I say we at least have two games going on at a time. We should start out with one advanced game, and one beginner's game. That way we keep things flowing. There is a chance inactivity could become a rising factor, but that's a risk we should be willing to take.

I'm still considering it and I'm still procrastinating on reading that stuff. :P

I think you'd more than likely learn better by doing than by reading. I, personally, spent a long time observing and reading before I even volunteered for a game. Even then I still learned much more playing than I did reading guides and Mafia Wiki articles. The more hands-on you can get with a game, the better you'll be able to commit habits, roles, and etc to memory.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So I think we can agree to stagger the games, right? Seems like that's where most opinions are leaning. Maybe start sign-ups during Night 2, or Day 3 of Pen's game (since from sign-ups to game start, it usually takes a week)?
As for LittleGumball, are we agreed to let her start her beginner game when her set-up is done? There won't be much of a player overlap between the beginners game and the regular games so I think it can start whenever.

Darknut: Is your setup complete for your game (I know you've been waiting in line for a numbered game for some times now)?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I can let someone else go ahead of me for one game because my setup isn't quite ready yet. I should be ready in a few days (taking into account my school work load and such) but not currently so.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
As for LittleGumball, are we agreed to let her start her beginner game when her set-up is done? There won't be much of a player overlap between the beginners game and the regular games so I think it can start whenever.

All I need is a co-mod to help me out and then I'll be set. Also I'm going to wait until school is over before I set everything up. It will make it much easier on me because I'll actually have time to focus on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom