• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler GEN V: Abyssal Ruins; What Are Those Unknown Characters Supposed to Be?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ok so I just got done going through the entirety of the Abyssal Ruins (took me all night, had to create my own map AND decipher the encrypted messages on the wall - sheesh how long's it been since I've had to to do THAT in a game I have no idea. Mad props GameFreak!:yes:)

Anyway on the final floor there are certain characters that pop up that have no deciphering whatsoever, they're just blotted out. What do you suppose they are talking about there?

##### joined King in a day
King called ##### beings
King defeated ##### alone

The only one I can seem to guess is:
The great king (Harmonia)
since it seems to make sense with why Ghetsis would be researching it, and it would explain where N got his strange powers from.

What do you guys think?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I honestly have no idea what the missing characters could mean or represent. I'm assuming by "#####", you mean the amount of letters that are missing? If so, the only thing I can think of is Arceus. I dunno why, but that's just what came to my head first (and Arceus is six characters... not five). Interesting thread though, I wonder what others may think this means. :yes:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
That's what I thought too, I mean you find the rest of the Plates there as well as a bunch of old relics dating back thousands of years. But the character count doesn't fit. And yes the ##### is the number of characters missing. Interestingly, though, when reading before translating there is actually a symbol there, but it's replaced by those 5 #####. So I know it's a logograph, where the symbol stands for an object rather than a letter, but even taking the context of everything else in the ruins I can't make out what they're supposed to be. And they're different symbols as well, they can't all be the same thing. It's boggling my mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom