• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf?

Should there be ganondorf in Skyward sword or are we ready for a change?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
It's the other way around. The Skyward Sword will eventually become the Master Sword.

Yeah, according to Theory, Skyward Sword is the Prequel to Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

Timeline (maybe):
-The Legend of Zelda, The Aventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, The Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventure, Skyward Sword (??), Ocarina of Time, Timeline Splits (parallel timelines):
-Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks
-Twilight Princess
(Nobody knows where Majora's Mask fits in ;_;)

Skyward Sword will take place hundreds of years before Ocarina of Time. I doubt Ganondorf will appear in this game. If he had previous attempts at taking over Hyrule, he would not have earned the king's trust in Ocarina of Time. But it is possible that he could make an appearance. Remember the erudos kicked him out of their tribe for being too much of an @$$hole(but this could have happened during OoT). I don't think he would be alive yet though. There is the possibility of Vaati, if this takes place after Minish Cap. But that is highly unlikely IMO. I think they will introduce a completely new villain.

S

SkywardSword

No, although I do want him as a side character, maybe he is link's age and you fight him as a miniboss, causing him to become evil.
Unlikely, but I can dream.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
If Skyward Sword takes place 100's of years before OoT, isn't it possible that the Gerudo had another male born to them? If so, he might be the antagonist. I just hope he doesn't have the same intentions and personality as Ganondorf.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I would not mind if he was in it. But I also think that we need another, new villain that has nothing to do with Gannon. Not one who is is puppet. That is old hat.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

A lot of people's criticism for Ganondorf is very misplaced. He's the main villain of the series, and the whole overarching story centers around him being the villain. It's easy to understand him being missing in some games, but to eject him from the entire series would just be ridiculous, unless they can formulate a logical story-based reason for it.

For Skyward Sword, however, I'm not going to say one way or the other that I would or wouldn't like Ganondorf to appear, because there's no reason to consider it a possibility that he will be in the game. They've basically confirmed that Skyward Sword is a prequel to the entire series, or at least the existing chunk of the series involving the Master Sword. Because Ocarina of Time is (almost undoubtedly) the first chronological appearance of Ganondorf and involves the Master Sword already in existence, Skyward Sword has almost no way of involving Ganondorf.

Notice that I said almost. I can still imagine a few ways that Ganondorf might be alluded to. Perhaps we'll see an ancestor of his, or maybe Twinrova will make an appearance at a younger age and allude to something related to the male Gerudo king born every 100 years. Maybe we'll even see the male Gerudo king living before Gandondorf. It's possible that this Gerudo king could even be the main villain. I do not, however, consider it at all possible for Ganondorf himself to be the main villain, or even an important one. He's not even going to have been born yet during the main story.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I don't mind Ganondorf too much, but I think we could use a change. I want this new person to be horribly cruel, to get your blood boiling with anger at the terrible things he's done. With ganondorf, he's mean, i guess, but whenever I put the killing blow upon him, i'm like,"sorry dude. I don't really wanna kill you, but I kinda gotta. If it's any help, I like your threads." SHUNK. end of ganondorf. but I want to hate this new guy. I don't want to say sorry when I kill him, I want to say,"DIE FIEND!!!!" and you just can't do that with ganondorf.

I am quite fond of Ganondorf in terms of the fact that he is Zelda's antagonist, and an excellent one at that. However, that doesn't mean that I want to see other antagonists appearing in more Zelda games, therefore giving Zelda the change that it needs. I know that we have had a few games recently that do not include Ganondorf in them, but they are mainly on the hand held games, which in my opinion, can not compare to the Zelda games that we have been presented with on the main platforms. Thus, I would greatly appreciate it if Nintendo have made Skyward Sword to include a never seen before antagonist. Especially if it happens to be similar to Majora's Mask in the aspects that Majora's Mask had a new antagonist, a lack of the triforce being a dominant factor for the antagonist's plan and a nice change from the standard Zelda formula.

If Skyward Sword was to contain a new antagonist, I would be satisfied with the game overall.

Last edited:

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Well watching Axle's most previous curiosity shop video pretty much summed it up for me. Because this game is the making of the Master Sword and you need the Master Sword to kill Ganondorf, it seems likely that this game will not feature him. Following on again from what Axle said, I think it may be that we see Vaati in the new game and I mean that would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom