• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganon

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Ganon is still epic. Also i don't think it was annoying having TPs villain be Ganon, I mean did Demise annoy anyone?

It is not stupid, I love ganondorf as a villain, He is and always will be for me THE bad guy in Zelda. He was in the first one and in the best one (oot) I don't think his character should completely disappear, a game without him feels pretty incomplete (besides SS and TP)

I really liked the twist it brought in plus phase 4 of TP Ganon was my favorite fight with Ganon from any of the games.

Wow, what an old thread. Anyway, I thought Ganondorf's inclusion in Twilight Princess was forced. It felt as if Nintendo was backed into a wall, and Ganondorf was thrown in as a last resort. Although, there may be other factors involved in his inclusion such as fanservice and high demand. But above all else, Ganondorf was quintessentially a deus ex machina.

Wikipedia said:
A deus ex machina ( /ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiːəs ɛks ˈmækɨnə/ day-əs eks mah-kee-nə; Latin: "god out of the machine"; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
TP's Ganon was a legitimate part of the story. Without him Zant could not have got that level of power so he was essential to the plot.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Ganondorf was not just 'thrown' in TP, he was an essential part of the plot. With him, Zant couldn't have obtained his power. And don't blame it on Miyamoto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom