• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon and Ganondorf Theories

Recently I came up with a theory on the connection between Ganon and Ganondorf. My theory states that the monster Ganon came before Ganondorf the human. That Ganon was killed and many many years later, Ganondorf appeared. Ganondorf was the reincarnated form of Ganon and had all the memories of the monster. He needed the triforce to return to his original form and rule Hyrule for all eternity unchalleged. Obviously he failed but his plan nearly worked.
Many years later he somehow obtained another triforce piece in addition to the one he already had. All he needed was Zelda's piece. His henchman, Agahnim, found Zelda and was going to sacrfice her to Ganon (who had returned to his original form with two pieces of the Triforce) but a boy named Link stopped him and killed Ganon. However, his human form still remained.
Upon his return to his prison realm he found a new henchman, Zant. The events of Twilight Princess then took place. (I'm not elaberating on the topic for obvious reasons). I'm out of room and will do part 2 soon.

LoZ games have barely any evidence for many theories that I've found. I try to stick mainly to Canon but there is honestly not much proof of any theory. Just like pretty much anything else about any theory.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Is there a reason or any evidence for this theory?

Something very similar is mentioned in the new Ocarina of Time 3D guide presented bei Prima:

Ganondorf:
Legends tell of a great monster named Ganon that has threatened Hyrule at different points in history. Ganondorf though, does not look like previous incarnations of Ganon. Are they one and the same? Or does evil move through the veins of this charming man known as the as the King of the Gerudo, a great people to the east of Hyrule?

I really like GoldenWolf's theory. But there are a few Timeline errors in my opinion. It's a bit weird.

But if Ganon is a whole different person, maybe an ancient Demon, then, many things would look different now. And it would be most likely you will see the origins of Ganon in an upcoming Zelda. Set before Skyward Sword?
Well, it's not impossible.

Ganondork

goo
Your whole human body still out there is massively illogical. How can he do that? He got beaten up in OoT, TP, and WW terribly. So Ganon retreated and fought as his Pig-like form in later-timeline games. Other than that, I couldn't agree more.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Unlucky Monkey said:
Something very similar is mentioned in the new Ocarina of Time 3D guide presented bei Prima:

Ganondorf:
Legends tell of a great monster named Ganon that has threatened Hyrule at different points in history. Ganondorf though, does not look like previous incarnations of Ganon. Are they one and the same? Or does evil move through the veins of this charming man known as the as the King of the Gerudo, a great people to the east of Hyrule?
Prima Guides is not a canon source, and I wouldn't consider claiming Gerudo Valley to be to the east to help its credentials.

Simon said:
I do suspect Ganon may be different. Why does Gonondorf not change into Ganon at the end of TP or TWW?
He does change into Ganon at the end of TP, Ganon just looks different from previous iterations, as he has the Triforce of Power. Ganondorf transforms into Ganon when he has the Triforce of Power or the Trident of Power; he has also transformed into Ganon via the Dark World, which turns an individual into the form that reflects their true nature.

As for TWW, Ganondorf cannot transform into Ganon because he obtained all three Triforce fragments; the ToP left from Ganondorf's hand to be reunited with the other pieces of the Triforce. Before he got the chance to use the Triforce in its full power, the Hero of Winds intervened and Ganondorf was defeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom