• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Gamepad or Pro Controller?

Salem

SICK
Yes. Right thumb is typically on the right analog stick, and reaching down - especially in the middle of action - is just weird. I have a video uploading in a sec, mayhaps it will show this.
RIGHT, I forgot about that.

Any chance they will release a pro controller that reverses the buttons and right analogue stick, as it should have been?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;eKv021oLLzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKv021oLLzI[/video]

Salem

SICK
^Nice finger action there:P(don't take that out of context please?)

Honestly, I think it just needs some getting used to, that's all, it took me years to play using the N64 controller the "correct way", but I doubt it will take that long to get used to this controller.

With the Gamepad because I prefer to use the new features and I talk on Miiverse quite a lot. For me it's more comfortable. The only thing that makes me worth using a Pro Controller is because of its long battery time.

L

Legend of Link1

I use the gamepad because it just looks awesome and I like trying new things. It is one of the reasons I got the Wii U.

I prefer the Gamepad, except for the weight.

The ergonomics of holding and playing this heavy controller is giving me a sprained thumb joint - like it's seriously in pain. I thought I had injured my hand while moving boxes in the garage. Later, I picked up the gamepad to play and discovered the real culprit.

Hope they fix this.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I really thought I would only play with the pro controller, but on my first sitting with the game I thought "Well, let's give the Gamepad a try once, then I'll switch next time..." Well, I'm just short of beating the game now some 35 hours later and I've only used the Gamepad. I really liked the map screen being available at all times when sailing, which is why I kept it for the early parts of the game. Once I got into heavy item switching, I really loved it. That on-the-fly ability to manage inventory and not have to pause is quite nice.

My only problem is forgetting I can still pause to manage inventory when I have to. I've been flustered in a room full of enemies and tried switching weapons to get hit a number of times. I still forget that I can pause and do this on the pad as has always been done in Zelda.

I also didn't think I would use the Miiverse features at all, but I got addicted to posting screencaps (mainly so I could save them later to my computer). It also solidified it when the Nintendo Gallery could be shared through the Tingle Bottles. That's a sidequest I never completed on the Gamecube, and it was nice to be able to this time through Miiverse help. I don't even know if that's really available through the Pro Controller, but I can't imagine it's as easy to do if it is.

I don't own a Pro Controller, but from what I've noticed so far, using the GamePad feels more suitable for something like WWHD. The map's very handy because I hate to think how easily lost I'll be without it. XD

I actually love playing with the WII U game pad, i think it is very comfy and easy to use and feels much smoother to use.

i like to visually see all the different bits and bobs :D

Incubus

Bring that beat back
I love playing with the gamepad. Being able to manage inventory without pausing has ruined other consoles for me - it's a feature that I wholly under-appreciated until I replayed Skyward Sword and have to pause for inventory management. I also share my tv with two other roommates, so being able to take gameplay from TV to the gamepad has been fantastic.

Even though I currently do not own a Wii U, I have used the Gamepad in a nearby Walmart and even though I can see the benefits of switching items on the fly, I think the controller's a little too bulky for my tastes. The pro controller on the other hand is closer to the Gamecube's than the gamepad, making it feel more familiar.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I would use the pro controller all the time, but nooo, nintendo wants the gamepad to be on all the time! and I only have the gamepad too so I need to buy a gamepad. I wish nintendo does an update that'll let us have the gamepad turned off and keep it off.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I don't have a pro controller so... the winner is... THE GAMEPAD!!!! :clap:

But seriously, the gamepad works fine for me. It's battery is sorta weak but it lasts long enough for the small amounts I play at a time. Using the boomerang on it can be tedious, a great example of this being the Kalle Demos fight, which was easily the most difficulty I've had with a boss in Zelda in like forever. Maybe cause I was playing Hero mode. But yeah, the frustration was unbelievable. Other then that, it's been fine.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, considering I lack any form of Wii U pro controller, I use the gamepad. Though, I'd imagne it'd be more annoying using the Pro, only because how would you view your map? I mean, having it on the gamepad is SUCH A NICE FEATURE :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom