• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler GameInformer Exclusive Video 5; Skyward Sword's Infamous Lizard Fight

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It is? How do you even notice this stuff?

I dunno. I guess that's just a specialty of mine. I assumed everyone would notice it.

Is it bad that Nintendo is reusing sounds?

No, I don't think so at all. Some sounds make sense to be re-used, such as this one with the Lizafols. It's something that I actually had to think about when I first heard it, as I'm so used to hearing that sound from TP from a Lizafols, so it's not like they're re-using sounds out of laziness. It's much like re-using musical tracks (such as Zelda's Lullaby, which originated in ALttP).

Last edited:
I like how that sound is new, but their death sound is from TP. Yet another re-use of sound from that game.
It's not exactly the same, but they are very similar. The TP version of the sound is more high-pitched and faster, which makes it stand out more. Allthough the version in Skyward Sword may be the same sound file played at a slower rate, it has been ajusted to better fit the style of the game.

Hopefully the battle music won't just die off with a postfix as it does in WW and TP, as that really feels kind of abrupt at times. I rather prefer fading when the music changes.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It's not exactly the same, but they are very similar. The TP version of the sound is more high-pitched and faster, which makes it stand out more. Allthough the version in Skyward Sword may be the same sound file played at a slower rate, it has been ajusted to better fit the style of the game.

Yeah, I noticed that from the start. It's actually the death sound of the Dinafols from TP (the ones with shields and heavy armor on).

Last edited:
It's easier probably because it's a different build, look he has more hearts than he should have by the second temple. I think they made the lizalfos easier to make the video quicker.

Although the second one definitely attacks more often.

There is quite a bit to suggest you start this game with six hearts.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
There is quite a bit to suggest you start this game with six hearts.

I'm still having LARGE doubts on this. Reason being that it just doesn't seem like it would be done (to me). I mean, it's always been 3 hearts. Just because the game is more difficult doesn't mean we start out with more hearts. (I think that would have been commented on by GI or NP by this point, as well. Just my opinion, though.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that from the start. It's actually the death sound of the Dinafols from TP (the ones with shields and heavy armor on).
It's still not 100% the same, allthough it's much closer. The Skyward Sword one is still a bit lower-pitched (starts off about 1 and 3/4th of a semitone lower than the TP Dinafols sound).

What I used as comparasion was from 05:45 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCvUES99k-c and from 00:50 of the GameInformer video.

Last edited:
Nothing suggests you start the game with more hearts.

Watch the TGS gameplay video. Match up the areas to where we know they happen in the game. 6 hearts for the forest and the first dungeon, 7 hearts for the volcano, 8 for the desert. Game Informer's videos show 7 hearts for the volcano. Never have we seen below six hearts in a video even as recent as now.

Really, what's the difference? 6 hearts, 1 whole heart of damage by most enemies = 6 hits
3 hearts, 1/4 damage for most enemies= 12 hits

The game is made twice as hard like this.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Watch the TGS gameplay video. Match up the areas to where we know they happen in the game. 6 hearts for the forest and the first dungeon, 7 hearts for the volcano, 8 for the desert. Game Informer's videos show 7 hearts for the volcano. Never have we seen below six hearts in a video even as recent as now.

Really, what's the difference? 6 hearts, 1 whole heart of damage by most enemies = 6 hits
3 hearts, 1/4 damage for most enemies= 12 hits

The game is made twice as hard like this.

This is really getting off-topic. (But those were also just demo versions of the game, not the full game itself.)

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Again, they're all demos. Six hearts could be implemented to prevent the demoer from dying easily.

It's still not 100% the same, allthough it's much closer. The Skyward Sword one is still a bit lower-pitched (starts off about 1 and 3/4th of a semitone lower than the TP Dinafols sound).

What I used as comparasion was from 05:45 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCvUES99k-c and from 00:50 of the GameInformer video.

Tomorrow I will attempt to run the two bits of audio through a spectrum analyzer to see if the sound image has any signifficant differences too. I have a slight suspicion that the one from Skyward Sword may have a bit more low-pass, allthough that may either be due to the sligth pitch difference or the quality of the recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom