• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler GameInformer Exclusive Video 5; Skyward Sword's Infamous Lizard Fight

Extremely similar to the first Lizalfos fight in Ocarina of Time. Fire-related temple, hexagonal platforms separated by lava, and two Lizalfos at the same time.

One bad thing about this game's enemies, at least the early game, is that they block too much. They should defend and then immediately try to strike back.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
Sword Wiimote action seems like it could be quite satisfying in hits.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Hmmm, fighting them would be a bit easier than I figured. You only have to keep your shield up until they taunt you, then read where to hit and go for the strike. But as the game progresses, so will the difficulty in fighting, I'm sure.

Hmmm, fighting them would be a bit easier than I figured. You only have to keep your shield up until they taunt you, then read where to hit and go for the strike. But as the game progresses, so will the difficulty in fighting, I'm sure.

Eh, you're probably right. This game reminds me a lot of Punch-Out for the Wii and that game is pretty easy for the first four or five fights. If we go by proportions, then maybe this game will also be easy for the first third of the game and slowly ramp up in the difficulty.

Regardless of how easy they look, fighting them looks like the most fun I've seen so far, combat-wise.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Imagine being in a room full of them.

BLARGAHRGAHRGRHARGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHH

As annoying as it is, I love it. The sounds, the battle, the music, everything. XD

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Those things won't SHUT UP! GAAAAAH! I'm looking forward to slashing the crap out of these guys.

There's also some damage done to the shield, and a pretty decent amount, at that. With that, we really are going to have to use the fencing techniques much more, now.

I love them and their gaggingly-beautiful throat-music already!
:(

I like how that sound is new, but their death sound is from TP. Yet another re-use of sound from that game.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's easier probably because it's a different build, look he has more hearts than he should have by the second temple. I think they made the lizalfos easier to make the video quicker.

Although the second one definitely attacks more often.

Those things won't SHUT UP! GAAAAAH!

I'm looking forward to slashing the crap out of these guys.

There's also some damage done to the shield, and a pretty decent amount, at that. With that, we really are going to have to use the fencing techniques much more, now.

I like how that sound is new, but their death sound is from TP. Yet another re-use of sound from that game.

Is it bad that Nintendo is reusing sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom