• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game with the best items

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I agree Twilight Princess had some cool unique items. The spinner is by far the best item I've seen yet in a Zelda game. That dungeon was so much fun riding the tracks up the wall.

I agree with WindFishTacos in that the Spinner is the best item Ive received so far, but apart from Arbiters Grounds, its pretty useless. I love the longshot, and and the double claw shot was freaking amazing. The Masks in MM are great too.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I agree with WindFishTacos in that the Spinner is the best item Ive received so far, but apart from Arbiters Grounds, its pretty useless. I love the longshot, and and the double claw shot was freaking amazing. The Masks in MM are great too.

That's true, I was looking forward to more spinner puzzles after that dungeon but you don't get to use it much in the rest of the game.

TP introduced several great new items such as the double clawshots, the dominion rod, and the spinner. But the game with the best items overall has to be LttP.

Everyone overlooks the Oracle games for this, but those games had like every classic item you could want plus really awesome ones! It was also great that very few of them ended up being useless outside their home dungeons.

I'd also argue for Skyward, but mainly because for every item you could do upgrades and suddenly make them unique and fun to work with. With the exception of the slingshot/scattershot that became useless once you got the bow.

Ill have to go with Skyward Sword, not only because of the beetle (the best in the franchise) but because of how each item interacts with the world in fun ways, not just in dungeons. The whip is great in a variety of scenarios, so is the gust bellows, or even traditional items such as hook shots and bow work so much better than usual.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I absolutely loved the items in Twilight Princess. The spinner, the bomb arrows, double clawshot, the dominion rod, etc - I loved them all, and they were different from some of the items of the past games. However, my issue with Twilight Princess' items - especially the dominion rod and the spinner - was that you never really used those items beyond the dungeon you found them in and maybe one or two pieces of heart in the overworld.

I definitely will go with Skyward Sword for best items because I think it has some amazing new items - the beetle, the gust bellows, the whip - and you use these items throughout the game in exciting and varied ways. Skyward Sword absolutely got items right.

That's a pretty difficult decision.

On the one hand, I feel like Ocarina of Time has to be a contender because it brought all of these beloved items - the hammer, the hookshot, the bow, etc. to the 3D world.

Then you have Majora's Mask, with all of it's utility masks, many of them allowing for different, very useful abilities, alongside many other classic items, plus two awesome swords: The Guilded sword and the Great Fairy sword.

Finally, you have Twilight Princess, which, as DekuNut pointed out, "We get two game-exclusive items in that one: the ball and chain and the spinner, both of which are super fun. Plus, we get the water bombs and stuff, which are useful, as well as two claw shots."

I'm not really sure that I can pick a favorite out of these three...

I also agree with the fact that skyward sword had the upgrades, which was really cool and gave it an even more RPG feeling, but man, those masks in majora's, they are just something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom