• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game System Damage

N

NathanSalsa

I'm not quite sure if there is a thread about this or not... oh well, I'm pretty sure you already know what this thread is all about, just post stories about damages done to your beloved game systems.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3rd Nintendo 64 suffered some permanent brain damage from a Q-Tip (cotton swab) that was in it since we bought the system (we got it new from Target way back in '99).

My (1st?) GameCube was taken to the shelter because I was playing with her too much.
My phat PS2 would scratch all of my games up for an unknown reason, I don't recall what we did with it.

T

thefourthsword

my wii stopped working for a year and i dont no y?????????????????

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The only problem with any of my game systems is my N64 the reset button is stuck and won't budge.
Frequently the cartridge doesn't work so I do the old classic of blowing in the cartridge to get the dust and other stuff out.

Beeker

Wild Card
The only system I had to replace was my Gamecube. The laser that read the discs wasn't working properly and eventually stopped working.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I haven't experience permanent damage to system... But when I was in Kindergarten I wanted to clean my Gameboy Advance, so I put in in the sink and washed it. I know, it was stupid. But hey, I was, I dunno, 6? 7, maybe? In any case, my dad brought it into work with him, and a month or so later they had fixed it. They took it apart and everything.

I guess this counts as a game system, but I dropped my iPod touch in a changing room at a clothes store, and the screen shattered. It works fine, and I can still play games and listen to music, but it's kind of annoying. A replacement costs $150, but if it still functions correctly, why replace it? Other than that, I'm pretty careful about my game systems like my 3DS and consoles, too.

Well my original DS Lite, that has since broken, the screen has all but snapped right off, speakers are a bit messy, touch screen is unresponsive in some areas.
I got another one and am being very careful with that.

Also, in my 1st and only wii, my disc reader broke. I am getting it repaired as I would rather spend the money to get it repaired then lose all of my saves (even if I probably wouldn't play them again) Speaking of which, does anyone know how I could maybe transfer my saves on a hardrive or something.

Even so, I am being very careful now, making sure I don't break any more systems.

N

NathanSalsa

Well my original DS Lite, that has since broken, the screen has all but snapped right off, speakers are a bit messy, touch screen is unresponsive in some areas.
I got another one and am being very careful with that.

Also, in my 1st and only wii, my disc reader broke. I am getting it repaired as I would rather spend the money to get it repaired then lose all of my saves (even if I probably wouldn't play them again) Speaking of which, does anyone know how I could maybe transfer my saves on a hardrive or something.

Even so, I am being very careful now, making sure I don't break any more systems.

You can transfer certain save files to an SD card but not every game lets you do this.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The only damage ever done to any of my systems was my DSi, the L and buttons stopped working. I sent it in to Nintendo, got it fixed, and then my older sister (yes, i say older) dropped it and broke them again! So...yeah.

Oh, and my 3DS charging cradle hs officially stopped working. One of the prongs is bent, and i tried bending it back and i broke it more! :sweat: Oops... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom