• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Stop Ripoffs

My cousin got six dollars for a Playstation 2 (by the way, the PS2 had just been released two years prior at the time and the PS3 wasn't even thought of yet.)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
... I've never ever had any kind of issues with GameStop. I hear a lot about how GameStop apparently "sucks", but I've never experienced this myself. Maybe it's just that the GameStop in my area is good? I don't know. I find it weird that people complain about GameStop though. But that's just because I've never had any trouble with that place...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I understand that GameStop needs to make money, but there's no reason as to why they feel the need to rip off their customers.

I've brought in games before. Sure, they were used, what were they expecting; a brand new untouched game? Pffft, please. I must have brought 6 DS games and they only offered me $12 dollars... $12 dollars for games that cost about $20 dollars each. GameStop, that's beyond ridiculous. No wonder they have so many unsatisfied customers. :/

I remember in 2010 i preordered Pokemon Soulsilver at gamestop. At the same time they had a 50% more trade in bonus, so i grabbed a few games to trade in. I brought in 6 gamecube games, 3 xbox 360 games and 2 Playstion 2 games and only got $9 in store credit.

I'm not sure if it was a rip off, but i'm pretty sure all those games with the 50% more bonus would have at least got me $15.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Gamestop is always ripping folks off.

I gave them my fat PS2 in 2009(or2010)and it couldn't read a blue disk(he said blu ray -_-)so he gave me 25 for it instead of the 50. It's not the only time I've dealt with these *******s and the con artists that Gamestop produces. Though I have to say that many employees hate working there because of little pay and the lying they have to do to sell ****** games like Barbie Paradise 5.

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Gamestop has to understand what deals they have for trade ins because most of the time, they just don't pay attention to the deals and rip off people instead. 9 dollars for Battlefield 3 and it wasn't past the 7 day full refund guarantee and this dumb*** just gives me 9 dollars. He just didn't even look at the receipt. They are stupid for not paying attention to they deals that they ACTUALLY give to gamers.

I like GameStop. The people there are generally pretty friendly, and I get to browse through a lot of stuff that I don't think to look for online.

That being said, I don't like the ridiculously low amount of money they give you for your old games. Especially when they resell them at a few dollars less than the brand new versions. :yuck:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom