• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Recommendations for SNES/GBA

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
PLEASE READ FIRST:

I do have some peramiters. Honestly, I'm dying for a good game to sink my teeth into right now with some 2D vibe, so I decided to set up this thread. I would really like something in the action adventure/ action rpg vein right now. Good gameplay is essential, Storyline is important but not necessarily essential, but music and visuals are merely perks to me. Also: Don't bother with any Zeldas or Metroids or Secret of Mana. I've already played them. Many thanks!

P.S. I realize I may be talking to an empty audience, but just in case there are any interested, I should have another game review coming up sometime soon. Likely Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

For the SNES: I would recommend playing through Chrono Trigger (get the DS version if you can) and Star Ocean, although you will need to use an emulator and a translation patch for Star Ocean. You should also check out Super Castlevania IV, Kirby Super Star and Super Mario RPG, and I suppose I don't need to mention Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario World (GBA version if you can). :P
Sorry that I can't think of more, but I don't play too many games.

Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country are available for both the SNES and the GBA. You also might enjoy Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA. It's an RPG with slightly more involved combat than others.

Kirino

Tatakae
For SNES, Super Mario RPG, and Final Fantasy VI. For GBA, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Though I think Super Mario RPG is the best out of those.

PLEASE READ FIRST:

I do have some peramiters. Honestly, I'm dying for a good game to sink my teeth into right now with some 2D vibe, so I decided to set up this thread. I would really like something in the action adventure/ action rpg vein right now. Good gameplay is essential, Storyline is important but not necessarily essential, but music and visuals are merely perks to me. Also: Don't bother with any Zeldas or Metroids or Secret of Mana. I've already played them. Many thanks!

P.S. I realize I may be talking to an empty audience, but just in case there are any interested, I should have another game review coming up sometime soon. Likely Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

have tons of Snes games.
Here a few you might like.
Donkey kong country 1,2,3.
Yoshi's island.
Mega man x
Starwing
Fzero
Streetfighter 2 turbo.
Streetfighter 2 The new challengers.
Diddy kong racing.

The Snes had so many fantastic games.
Here are just a few of them.

I have all these for the Snes myself.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Many thanks! Darunia, what is Starwing like? it's the only one on your list I haven't heard of.

If you are a Zelda fan, and a fan of RPG's, i want to introduce you to a perfect game. Its called Brainlord, for the SNES.

Its like Zelda, but with jumping! the combat is simple, like in the topdown zelda games, and the puzzle solving is even more intense, (but even more rewarding)
The game also includes "Jades", helper fairies that you store in gems. Two can be released at a time, and follow you (Like Navi, but they dont talk, and theyre actually helpful, they attack in a variety of ways, or restore your health upon death, or light up dark places). There are also magic spells that can be used alongside standard weapons, (Standard weapons include various swords, axes, bows, and even a ball and chain) These magic powers are awesome as well, :D

[video=youtube;CMW-F9ENbBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMW-F9ENbBs[/video]

Note, the names like UMARO and DOOKIE, those are custom names. Those arent the names of the real characters, lol.

Brain Lord was pretty good, as well as Enix's other games ActRaiser and SoulBlazer. Apart from that, avoid Enix's games.
SNES: Final Fantasy II (IV), Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire, Lufia, and Earthbound.
GBA (I'm also going to include regular GB games): Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, Dragon Warrior I + II, Dragon Warrior III, Final Fantasy V, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, and Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
GBA - Fire Emblem: TSS (FE8), Fire Emblem (it's called Rekka no Ken in Japan, FE7), Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Zelda:ALttP, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Bomberman Advance, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Mario Advance series (seriously, all of them are great! And you can play Mario Bros if you have a Link Cable! WinWin!)

SNES - Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars, Kirby Super Star (this is a relic and a musthave, honestly), any kind of Space Invaders game xD

Last edited:
M

Medix

For SNES:

Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country I-II-III
Kirby Super Star
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Earthworm Jim 2
Parodius