• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game of the Month October 2011

What do you think the highest rated game of October 2011 will be?

• NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Souls (360, PS3)

• Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360, PS3, Wii, DS)

• Forza Motorsport 4 (360)

• Alines Infestation (DS)

• Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS)

• Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (PS3)

• Batman Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)

• Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)

• Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm threatened to say Prof. Layton, since I absolutely LOVE the series, it will most likely be Batman: Arkham City. The first was terrific, and this sequel looks fantastic. Gotham is ginormous, and it reminds me of GTA in Batman world. Also, it's coming out on Wii U too! Either that or Battlefield 3 AKA fanboy hype.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally voted Kirby's Return to Dreamland because I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but as far as major critics go, I would expect no less of Arkham City to make it!

I voted for Batman Arkham City since Arkham Asylum was popular and from what I've heard it was a great game. Arkham City will get good reviews if the devs can keep up with the quality. It's after all a sequel to a popular game, those always steal attention. Though here Battlefield 3 has also been getting a lot of commercials and attention, but it's always like that with shooters.

Personally? I'm most interested in Professor Layton.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I haven't even played Professor Layton and the Last Specter yet but I know it's going to be AWESOME! I LOVE all the Layton games and I get a lot of inspiration from them when I'm designing my own games so I can't wait for it!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Part of me wants to say Batman Arkham City because it seems more deserving and looks very promising. Rocksteady said that this game was going to make the same leap they made from nothing to Arkham Asylum and hopefully it is. The map is also going to be 5 times larger than AA which is good and makes sense since you are now in the city. It also seems to be improving on the first one which was already an amazing game. But I can see Battlefield 3 stealing the show because it's an FPS and they tend to get more attention these days. And of course, I'm sure Battlefield is gonna be great too. I just hope it gets attention for the right reasons though. Anyway, I voted for Arkham City, I'd choose a good game based off of me over Battlefield any day.

Last edited:
Batman Arkham City takes Game of the Month with a 97 on Metacritic for the PS3 version and 95 for the XBOX 360 version. The game is currently the highest rated game of the year on review compilation sites. Let's see if Skyrim or Skyward Sword will top Rocksteady's masterpiece.

This thread may now be locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom