• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Game Breaking Bug Fixed in New Skyward Sword Discs?

I'm sure many Zelda fans know of a game breaking bug in Skyward Sword. Nintendo even released a special channel on Wii to fix the bug, should you encounter it.

I would think that Nintendo would have fixed the bug on newer production runs of the game.

So my question is, if you buy a more recent copy of Skyward Sword, is the bug fixed on the disc? I mean, will you be getting version 1.1 of the game on the disc or something? If so, is there a way to tell by looking at the case in the store (maybe the UPC) to tell which version you're getting?

Are there any sadists here that own a 'newer' copy of Skyward Sword (without the gold foil on the cover) and could intentionally try to trigger the bug to see if it's there?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Idk, but I think if they did, they would say so via social media or something. But they didn't go and make a new Pokemon X/Y. They just made an announcement about the glitch and made a patch that fixes it. So when I think about it, it's less work to make a patch than to go through the game's code and fix it that way...so I would guess that they didn't.

Idk, but I think if they did, they would say so via social media or something. But they didn't go and make a new Pokemon X/Y. They just made an announcement about the glitch and made a patch that fixes it. So when I think about it, it's less work to make a patch than to go through the game's code and fix it that way...so I would guess that they didn't.

Hm, well, they did this all the time with old NES games...that's why you seem ROMs out in the wild such as "Super Mario Bros. 3 (v1.1)" and "Super Mario Bros. 3 (v1.2)" (not sure if those specific ones exist, but I do know there are games with multiple version numbers). They'd release the game, catch a bug or two, fix them, then, in the new production runs of the ROM chips, put the updated version of the game. I just don't know if they've ever done such a thing with disc-based games and would be curious to know if they did that for Skyward Sword. I know Sega did that with Mortal Kombat Gold for Dreamcast...

20 years from now when Nintendo's servers are dead and gone and it's impossible to get that patch, it would be nice to have a 'good' non-bugged version of the game.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
20 years from now when Nintendo's servers are dead and gone and it's impossible to get that patch, it would be nice to have a 'good' non-bugged version of the game.
That is true...but also, 20 years from now, people everywhere would know about the glitch and do everything in their power not to trigger it. And/or when it's emulated, there will be roms with the patch already applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom