• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fractured Sunshine SU

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I still don't have a good grip on politics, but... Ooo, could I make dudes neutral if I wanted to? Like, technically part of one faction but not particularly devoted to the cause? I think I'mma try that.

Name: Winston 'Dagger' Cunningham
City-State/Faction: Heliosian
Age: 17-23, depending on who else joins and what I feel like doing with plot. I will make a solid decision later.
Appearance: I'm guessing this is fantasy, so this:
iPod pics K 403.jpg
Personality: Cold and cruel on the outside, very sarcastic and rude, has that elitist vibe the Heliosians seem to have. But underneath all that, buried way deep inside, he can and will care about the people he lets close to him. Sadly, that list is quite short, and even when he does care about people he'll have this aloof 'I don't actually care, I'm just doing this so you'll be less of a hindrance to me' vibe. (if the optional thing in the backstory is kept, this last trait will be nearly nonexistant)
History: Let's go with the usual. His parents were killed when he was 6, when they were visiting a family friend to meet their new baby girl. He and the baby were the only ones to escape the killers. He raised her on the streets, because he didn't trust the authorities not to separate them. (this next part might be optional, depending if I want the girl to be my second character later on) But despite his best efforts, she died of disease several years before the start of the RP. He was devestated, and hasn't gotten close to anyone or really cared about much of anything since.
Weapon(s): Many. His most prominent are this pair of black leather gloves that have hidden claws in the fingers. He can bring them out with a flick of the wrist and start clawing stuff up. He also has a ton of throwing knives, and darts filled with a variety of drugs and poisons.
Magic: Well, pfffffff, he has magic. But it's not elemental magic. If that's not allowed you can ignore this and say he can't have it, but he has this ability called 'charmspeaking'. Basically, he can speak in such a magically alluring way, that it can get you to do whatever he wants. He doesn't use it a lot though, because too many uses in a short period of time makes him dizzy and lightheaded. But if that isn't allowed, fire magic. Because Zuko.

Name: Clarisse 'Fang' Manning
City-State/Faction: Anthelites
Appearance: Again, fantasy. This:
iPod pics K 404.jpg
Personality: Brash and bold, yet still pretty chill and fly. Loves cracking jokes and annoying people for the heck of it. Has a hair-trigger temper, though, and will pound anyone she sees fit. But she's surprisingly smart under all that, and doesn't like to admit she likes science and stuff. She's an Anthelite, she's supposed to be tough, come on man!
History: Also orphaned at a young age, though in a less dramatic fashion. Grew up on the streets, street brawling for a living. Got her teeth knocked in one time, which is why it looks like she has fangs like a vampire, but most of the time won her fights. Even as a kid she was hard to beat. Snuck books from the bookstores and libraries whenever she could, and only read them when she was alone. She still does that, just less often. She's getting easier to notice, by store owners and passersby.
Weapon(s): A replica of the Megaton Hammer from Ocarina of Time (especially if OoT's not a thing here), that can turn into a silver bracelet at the touch of a button. If tech like that's not allowed, then she just keeps it in hammerspace.
Magic: Earth magic, helped her win a lot of her fights. And if it's OK, can she like, get power from the earth or soemthing like that, basically get superstrength somehow from her earth powers? And also, she'll manipulate the ground under her feet to move her along like a moving sidewalk, and get superspeed that way. But that's just a clever trick, the strength is what I'm worried about. If not, I can deal.

Name: Luke O'Hare.
City-State/Faction: Aurorian. But that's just what he grew up around. If you asked him personally, he'd sound more like he agreed with the Equinoxians.
Appearance: This:
iPod pics K 421.jpg
Personality: Very, VERY naieve. Very loving, very innocent, very flighty. Basically, think of a puppy... And that's it. That's him. BUT. When he has hold of a weapon, any weapon, he'll change. He'll become lucid, calculating, almost cold but not unkind, a true warrior. As soon as he lets the weapon go, he'll turn back into his puppy of a self.
History: His mother was very kind, but she died of disease when he was very young. Leaving him with his father, who... was not exactly a very nice man. He never hurt Luke, but he yelled, and threatened, and insulted, and eventually just completely left the poor boy alone. The kid's been taking care of himself completely for years upon years now, barely aware of anything being wrong. He just wanders the streets and makes food when he's hungry, nothing's a really big deal with him. War? Faction? What's that stuff? He doesn't get it. Fighting? Oh, he doesn't like fighting. Ooo look a butterfly!
Weapon(s): The first time he discovered his lucid-weapon-personality, it was with one of the decorative swords hanging on the wall by his front door. He took it, and has carried it around with him ever since. Just in case. But he's pretty much forgotten about it's presence at this point, it's just kinda there.
Magic: Not sure if I give him air magic. If I do, he'll have no knowledge of/control over it. Like, he won't even know it's there. The wind will pick up when he gets excited, and when he wants the wind chimes to make their pretty noises they will, things like that. He doesn't know how, it just kinda happens around him. He likes the feel of wind, though. It's nice, it feels good. He likes it.

Who do you guys like the best? I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards Luke somewhat...

Last edited:

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
Heeeeeeere we goooooo~ Gonna use Xer, but I'll make this before Remilia bit him.

Name: Xer Fujiwara
City-State/Faction: Equinoxian
Appearance: Black shirt with a cloak and jeans. His hair is dark brown and isn't too short, spreads across the middle. His eyes are a fire-red shade.
Personality: Xer is a really quiet person who doesn't talk much, and when he spots a feud he'll do whatever he can to stop it. He's a kind person who will help anyone who he sees that needs it. Though he tends to get annoyed easily and will use force if he needs to. But he hasn't yet, so lets hold up his perfect streak shall we? ^^
History: From the start Xer was always different. His mother, Mokou Fujiwara is a fire mage with immortality. With her wife Medicine Melancholy they raised him and his sister together, but the Scarlet Devil seeked both of the children, knowing of their hidden powers. One day when Medicine was out with Xer's sister Emy, Remilia Scarlet came down and kidnapped Emy right from Medicine's hands and flew off to her mansion. Medicine who was corrupt by rage stormed to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, but since that day they haven't returned. Mokou decided that it was too dangerous to live in their world since Remilia was gaining power so she took Xer and went beyond the magical border, making her way to the city of Solros. Now that Xer has grown up Mokou has told him why they are here, and they soon plan to move back to take on Remilia with how much Mokou has trained him. But seeing how the city he's grown up in suddenly went berserk, Xer considers ending the feud his final mission in Solros.
Weapon(s): Xer tends to use a sword and shield, though his sword is surrounded by flames on the blade.
Magic: With his mother being a mage, of course he learned basic spells. He can summon a magical seal of red flames to shoot down toward his enemies, spread the clouds to drop a phoenix feather for revival, and if he needs a quick escape he can consume a small red candy with a star on it to have flaming wings for about five minutes.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
AND BECAUSE THIS GUY IS HERE, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CHOOSE LUKE.

DAGGER IS NO BECAUSE FIRE AND FIRE I DON'T WANT THAT.

FANG IS NO BECAUSE I NEED AN RP WITH THIS DUDE AND WITHOUT XANG.

LUKE IS PERFECT. AS SOON AS I DECIDE A FACTION FOR HIM. NEVER MIND, I DECIDED.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Okay, glad to see the post order removed. That was what chased me, and seems like alot of people, away from this RP. I will post two characters here, depending on if you dislike the first due to his young age.

Name: Nathan Larsen
City-State/Faction: Anthelites
Appearance: Nathan is short for his age, standing only at 4'9. He has blonde hair that he brushes to the side. Nathan has a wide face, and his eyes are a deep brown. For clothing, he wears a pair of brown pants, and a white long sleeved shirt. On top of that shirt, he wears a short, dark green cloak that falls to his stomach.
Personality: Nathan is judgmental and hard. He doesn't trust anybody, and finds cowardly people weak and foolish. Nathan has little patience, and acts almost like an adult. He does what he can to better himself and prove he is no mere child.
History: His mother died giving birth to him. His dead-beat father raised Nathan by teaching him how to pick-pocket. When the four families began to fight, Nathan used his skills of sneaking around to spy on people to aid in defeating the other factions.
Weapon(s): A thin sword that is pointed on the end.
Magic: (Optional) Wind

Name: Admon Lazar'i
City-State/Faction: Aurorian
Appearance: Admon is a very large, muscular, and tall man. His skin is dark, and he has a pointed face. His hair is shaved, and black. He dresses in a cotton blue tied shirt (like, button up but with laces instead) and loose woolen pants.
Personality: Admon is helpful to others, and believes that the good of the people comes before all else. He is strict to others, and has little patience for those who care only for themselves.
History: Admon comes from a distant land, where he was raised by his mother. The people there were in suffering, so his mother sneaked herself and Admon onto a ship when he was still a boy. On the journey, Admon's mother grew ill and passed away shortly after their arrival to the new land. Admon fled to Solros and worked honestly for food and money. He gave what little he could to those on the streets, even though he knew it was futile.
Weapon(s): A spear and shield.
Magic: None

*Unnecessary character since Nathan was accepted

Last edited:

YMIA

You Said Forever
There are two character spots left to fill before sign ups close!

Current RP'ers:

Me
Tatl
DarkAssassin
Dr Horrible

2 more spots remain!

EDIT: I will likely update the OP tomorrow after school, i am so tired right now, hahah.

Ah, can I just claim one of those right now or not? I'm almost done, I promise, I've narrowed it down to two characters(Kira versus Captor, the eternal struggle), I'm just having a bit of difficulty in completing the SUs. Captor's backstory is giving me trouble.

YMIA

You Said Forever
No, of course not. Age isn't a factor here (barring infants of course). Nathan's age is fine.

And sure, Monolith. That leaves 1 spot.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Just bumping this thread up. Please someone take this spot, I wanna RP in this RP because I can tell it's gonna be really fun! So plz?

Name: Aurthur Captor
City-State/Faction: Anthelite
Appearance: Captor is of average height and build. He has light brown hair, unkempt due to lack of caring at all, and dark green eyes behind glasses that he can hardly see without. There's a certain intelligent, inspired gleam in his eyes, one that never goes away. He dresses in a long-sleeved grey shirt with a dark brown coat, sometimes.
Personality: Witty, charismatic, and pretty shaky when it comes to morals, Captor is the kind of guy that makes absolutely everything up as he goes along and has the intellect to pull it off. He has a sharp sense of humor that he can hardly contain and a writer's flair that gives him access to a deeper understanding of the human psyche than most. His reputation is very black and white--you either know him or you don't, trust him or don't, hate him or don't. Which, for a man that thrives in gossip and sells truth or lies at his fancy, is an interesting reputation to have. Good? Maybe, maybe not. But it keeps things interesting.
Given all of this, Captor can come off as a total jerk. He's utterly convinced that he is one, in fact, which probably impedes his ability to change that quite a bit. He pretends he doesn't care. As to whether this is true or not is something even he is still working out.
History: (Still working on this one... Captor's backstory is, for the most part, Kira. And this is a They haven't met yet!plot, so... aaah halp)
Weapon(s): Captor has custom bracers on both arms. Each contains two blades that he can extend sharply with a flick of his wrist, one on the wrist and one on the elbow. He hides these under his shirt sleeves so that they stay concealed, adding a nice element of surprise to when he needs to get them out. It's also fun to convince drunkards that they're an actual part of his body.
Magic: Water

Name: Kira Castillo
City-State/Faction: Aurorian
Appearance: Kira is about the farthest thing from 'feminine' that could be possible in a female. Standing at 6'5, flat-chested and well-toned, Kira is so often mistaken for a man that she hardly cares anymore. She has caramel skin and ragged brown hair that just barely brushes her shoulders, usually shadowing her turquoise eyes. Her left arm is heavily scarred, her ring finger hacked off. Kira typically dresses in sleeveless turtlenecks and some kind of black sleeve over her scarred arm, as well as a metal bracer.
Personality: On the outside, Kira is hostile and bitter, with some kind of strange brooding sense about her. Throw her into conflict and her caring side becomes obvious. She'll often find herself giving whatever acts of kindness she can afford to total strangers in need, and to her friends, her devotion and loyalty is nigh unmatchable. Despite appearances, Kira hates to resort to violence, and will only kill if absolutely necessary. Her strength is countered with this surprising gentle side. She's also far more intelligent than she appears.
History: Kira was raised by her uncle, rarely interacting with her birth parents to the point that she barely remembers their faces. She grew up in this arrangement, never knowing or needing anything else. Her uncle is a clever man that did everything he could to teach Kira what she needed to know, never telling lies or keeping secrets. Kira takes a lot of her core values from this.
Despite this, things did go wrong one day. Kira refused to mess with her magic, which led to disaster when she got into a vicious argument with her uncle. It ended in the house collapsing to the ground. Her uncle got out safely, Kira didn't. She suffered permanent damage from that event, mental and physical.
Weapon(s): Kira's a pretty good fistfighter and can get out of most fights unarmed, especially if her opponent is, too. Still, she knows that she can't win everything like that, but she actually can't handle weapons that are too light. When the need arises, she does have one she can use--a huge broadsword that twists once at the center of the blade, the metal tinted slightly teal. She keeps it sheathed at her hip, a simple and efficient series of straps making sure it stays there.
Magic: Earth. She still struggles to avoid using it, to the best of her abilities. Probably not a good idea.

So the question is Information Broker!Captor or Actually Human!Kira... hm hm. A tough choice indeed. Kinda leaning towards Kira because I can write her better now and want to test that, but also Captor because I reaaally wanna work with the dark side that I've crafted here... Gah, I dunno. I wish I could use two.

And I just realized that these two are polar opposites right now. Wow. Well done, me.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OOO! IDEA! Use one at first, THEN BRING THE OTHER IN AS YOUR SECRET EXTRA PERSON YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BRING IN LATER! I would say use Captor, then bring in Kira, but that's just my weird-*** opinion. Do whatever you want, I was just offering a tip. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom