• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Adventure- What Did You Like and Dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Most of all, I liked how it was different from the other Zelda games that have come out lately. Most of them seem to copy OOT to the point that I feel like I'm just replaying OOT with new levels, updated graphics, and a new story. There was a little bit of ALttP and WW nostalgia there. I also liked trying to control 4 Links, I felt sort of like I was leading a small army or something with all the formations. I even liked the linear level structure. It kept me from getting too lost or confused about my next objective (one of the things I dislike about Zelda games at times), and felt sort of like Super Mario World.

What I didn't like was how I'd lose all my heart containers and items at the end of each level, and could only carry one item at a time. I would have preferred a persistent inventory. I also think the game was too easy with all those Force Fairies, and would have liked to see things ramp up in difficulty more like they do in other Zelda games. I don't know about the GBA thing, because I've only played it in 1P mode.

None of the things I dislike bother me too much, though... I appreciate the game overall, despite the flaws.

I liked that FSA made many references to other games and showed good connections to those games, such as OoT, LoZ, and especially ALttP. As a timeline theorist, I found a lot of good information in the game that helped me to expand on my knowledge and back up my arguments. I also like how Nintendo went back and made an old school style Zelda, but still had some new cell-shaded graphics. I think if they done that, but made a game more like OoT in that style, that it would be great. I didn't mind the game being separated into levels as much as I thought I would. It was actually okay. The formations you make out of the four Link's were a but confusing at first, but eventually it got very easy and very useful to be able to line up in different orders to attack enemies.

What I didn't like is not being able to collect items. This really isn't a problem because the game is set up to where you can hold any item in the game throughout the various levels (once you find the item). But I guess I'm so used to the formula of acquiring and keeping a weapon that it kinda threw me off. Another thing that I didn't like is how the different stages reset each time you complete or leave them. In one of the dungeons, I had a Big Key, but jumped off a ledge that I couldn't get back on, and ended up having to beat the level, only to find that if I went back, I would have to play it all the way over again to get that key. The only thing in the box was 1000 Force Gems, so it wasn't necessary anyway, but it still got on my nerves. There's also a severe lack of replay value to the game IMO. All you really do in each area is collect Force Gems. I wanted to explore and find other things, because there are secret caves and such that you can find in each area, but its really useless if you already have enough Force Gems to power up the Four Sword. This became a problem when you got a whole bunch of Force Gems early in the level because it left for no reason to explore anywhere else.

I too like the game even though it has a few problems. I only wish that it was a bit longer, and maybe had some collectibles that would actually save to your inventory, rather than having to basically gather your whole stock each time you entered a level. It was basically like starting the game over with each level, as you carried over no special abilities or weapons, just the fact that you had freed the maiden from the last temple. All in all though, it was a fun game and I had a better time with it than I originally expected.

L

LegendZelda

I liked just about everything of FSA that was gameplay related. FSA is one of those underrated games that will never gets its credit cause of how the game is.
The plot was a tiny but stupid when it came to Ganon being involved with the trident. But besides that perfection

I liked just about everything of FSA that was gameplay related. FSA is one of those underrated games that will never gets its credit cause of how the game is.
The plot was a tiny but stupid when it came to Ganon being involved with the trident. But besides that perfection

Mine was pretty much the opposite going into the game. If it hadn't of involved Ganon and had the game centered around him, I doubt I would have even played it. But, that's the theorist in my, wanting to get that info. For me, Ganon's presence was the main selling point. I was just happy they added more than my expectations by showing people like the Gorons and Gerudo.

T

TheLastLink

What i liked was the overall atmosphere of the game, and the storyline really pulls you in as it progresses. Sure, the beginning of the game was pretty weak,
and i didn't feel that rushed by the time i got to hyrule castle. but once you got as far as The blue maiden's hometown, you actually felt the need to push on.
What i didn't like were the dungeons. they sucked. do i really need to explain?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Hmm I'm not sure. It was like three games mixed. A Link to the Past, Minish Cap, the Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. The only reason it would be TP would be because the story involved a dark mirror like the one in TP. It had the same sort of feel to alttp with same maidens and items and places (kind of) and enemies and etc.Then it had the same Link sprite from MC and the graphics were almost the same,but they added 3d stuff in it and that's where WW comes in. They used some of the same bosses from WW like Jal-Halla.It was a great game except with the repeated stuff over and over again from different games.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I thought the game was pretty good I enjoyed playing with my brother,we would mess around in that game.I don't think it was spin-off Zelda game I think it had a pretty good story and should be with all the other Zelda games.The only thing I disliked about that game was controlling all four Links if you are playing by yourself,I had to get use to that because I mostly played with my brother than playing by myself.

Starchain1

A star
The game sucks for the gameboy becuase you have to have 4 game boys 4 La4s game and 4 wireless adapters I mean whose gonna be arond people with all this junk

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I loved the storyline of the game and the envroment. The story was true adventure all over, without anything to bar you down. Then there was the enviroment which looked beautiful, it really showed me what a 2d game can do in present day. I only wish they could remake Alttp to look that beautiful.

The things I dislike are the multiplayer aspects and the linear storyline. I loved the idea of multiplayer, but I didn't want to have my GBA as the controller. It may have made sense but it was so aggravating and costly to use. The linear storyline was nice but sometimes I wished I could brewak free and just explore the world.

There was something here that I liked and disliked. It was the major story changes and how Nintendo barely changed anything. Now would you believe that this game was to be the story around the seal war? Nintendo then decided to take that out, but they were so knee deep in production they could only make such little changes. Since I like the story I already I like this, but since Nintendo was lazy and robbed fans of an easy timeline I also dislike it.

Well there's my two cents - Wrath.

(Gonna wipe the dust off of this one.)

I'm currently playing through all Zelda titles in release order, and just completed Four Swords Adventures the other day It's my first ever play through and have owned it since it's release date in GC. I loved it! Now, I can't comment on multiplayer, as I did not play multiplayer, nor do I ever plan to. (I played with the GC disc on the Wii in single player mode).

To start off, I think this game doesn't get the love it deserves. Yeah, I know there's huge fans of it out there (myself included), but I see far more negative than positive. Yeah, the game strays from the age old style of "run around the over world to find your way to an underworld dungeon, beat dungeon - rinse, repeat" style of game, but this game, from my point of view, is a series of mini dungeons from start to finish. Like most, that's my favorite part of the Zelda series. The dungeons. Puzzle after (sometimes) mind-blowing puzzle. The super quick and to-the-point plot / story line that allows you to jump right into the game was a positive for me, too. I'm not against a well told opening with detailed story by any means, but it was a breath of fresh air to just be able to jump right into a game and feel accomplished within just the first 20-30 minutes.

I even found a good portion of this game to a very welcome challenge. I got stuck far more than just a few times, but was nothing that wasn't ever impossible to figure out. "Well darn, this boomerang is useless here, maybe I should go back and get that bow & arrow to get through this part".

I'll stop rambling (for now). Just wanted to toss in my few cents on this subject and talk about how much fun I just had with this title. It'll be revisited in the near future for sure (well, not until I'm done with the rest of the series, that is).

Happy Zelda-ing, everyone.

-Nick

The game was fun ,but I wish you could play with others without throwing out a lot of money.
I also wish Vaati had more to him. He didn’t even speak. His appearance in MC was way better.
I was fine with everything else.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
that's that not no one on this thread be active anymore
even today I still never fully completed the game so I can't say much about what I like, definitely what I don't like is the accessibility w/ each player needing a gba and link cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom