• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forest Temple from TP = Deku Tree?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Ocarina of Time Forest Temple had a very ghostly central theme; the Twilight Princess Forest Temple is far more conventional, in that it wasn't really ghost-themed at all. Monkeys, vines, wooden structures - very Foresty, not very ghostly.

The Lost Woods were also much different in Twilight Princess. And so was the Water (Lakebed) Temple. Not a very good argument.

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
This is quite an interesting theory, I never really thought about it. It could be, but I think it's easy to overthink things like this. I honestly don't think Nintendo thought twice about things such as the bitterness of the tunes, etc...

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Juicie, I believe that you are wrong on this one, though you are not wrong often. The Forest Temples from the two games are far too dissimilar to be the same structure. The structure and layout are far too different for them to be the same.

I present Exhibit A: The structure of the temples:

Ft.jpg

Exterior of Ocarina of Time Forest Temple.

attachment.php

One room of Twilight Princess Forest Temple.

(sorry this is going off topic again) I have noticed something that you haven't. Notice that on the entrances there is a "porch" area before the doors and there is also a tree to the right of each entrance. This is in BOTH temples, therefore they may be linked. I doubt it because I belive that the Deku tree is the TP forest temple. Also, both of the bosses (DT and TP FT) are paracites.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
(sorry this is going off topic again) I have noticed something that you haven't. Notice that on the entrances there is a "porch" area before the doors and there is also a tree to the right of each entrance. This is in BOTH temples, therefore they may be linked. I doubt it because I belive that the Deku tree is the TP forest temple. Also, both of the bosses (DT and TP FT) are paracites.

Wow... I didn't really think of those things. That's really awesome. Nice work.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Thanks! I only just noticed the aethsetic similarities when I saw the two temples side by side and that then jogged me to remember that the bosses were both paracitic!

This is a very interesting theory. It makes a whole lot of sense do to it's location. Think about it, why is it a temple in the first place? This would make sense if it is the Great Deku Tree's (forgive me, I know it sounds kinda weird) corpse.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I think your all forgetting one main point. In the child timeline the Kokiris evolved into monkeys. This gives me the theory that perhaps the Kokiri over time evolved into monkeys while meanwhile farm country (lon lon ranch) moved closer to the woods and became Ordon Village and surrounding areas. The Kokiri (Now monkeys at this point) moved into the dead withered Deku Tree out of fear and lived there for a long time. Thats just a theory of mine but I think its pretty sufficient. Also the Kokiri Emerald symbol is shown everywhere throughout the whole dungeon. This just just shows the relationship between the monkeys, the Kokiri and the fact that they moved into the dead Deku Tree and built a home of sorts.

I definitely think the Forest Temple in TP is the Deku Tree from OOT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think your all forgetting one main point. In the child timeline the Kokiris evolved into monkeys. This gives me the theory that perhaps the Kokiri over time evolved into monkeys while meanwhile farm country (lon lon ranch) moved closer to the woods and became Ordon Village and surrounding areas. The Kokiri (Now monkeys at this point) moved into the dead withered Deku Tree out of fear and lived there for a long time. Thats just a theory of mine but I think its pretty sufficient. Also the Kokiri Emerald symbol is shown everywhere throughout the whole dungeon. This just just shows the relationship between the monkeys, the Kokiri and the fact that they moved into the dead Deku Tree and built a home of sorts.

I definitely think the Forest Temple in TP is the Deku Tree from OOT.

..........................What? Where did you get the idea that the Kokiri turned into monkeys? That is nowhere near suggested in the game. The monkeys in the game are just monkeys. Seriously, what made you think this?

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
..........................What? Where did you get the idea that the Kokiri turned into monkeys? That is nowhere near suggested in the game. The monkeys in the game are just monkeys. Seriously, what made you think this?

Well, it's not officially stated by anyone that the Kokiri turned into monkeys but I'm pretty sure it's a theory that many people believe here at the forums. It's just like how the Kokiri evolved into the Koroks in the AT. I think that the Kokiri evolving into monkeys is the only reasonable theory on what happened to them. What's your theory on the what happened to the Kokiri?

i like to think that, and i like to think the sacred grove is the lost woods even though it makes no sense for the temple of time to be there, but none of the geography in twilight princess makes sense in comparison to ocarina of time. i don't think they intended it but it's much cooler to be thinking you're in the same place you were in OoT 100 years later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom