• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forced Hero Mode

K

Kanas

Anyone else bothered on how you get practically forced to play again in hero mode? I wish I had the choice, since now I gotta play all over again.

Anyone else feel this way?

K

Kanas

Hero mode already activated on my only one. I guess I read wrong. That really sucks.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Every time you beat Demise, you are given the option. Before I started Hero Mode, I copied my account, went back and defeated Demise for the second time, and then made my Hero Mode account on another file.

I haven't completed it yet, so whenever I go back to fight Demise, I'll have to do it out of the Lightning Round. So I have to go through all of the end credit stuff and get asked that option again. They give you two questions, so you have two chances to pick "no" for Hero Mode.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
That is the best thing to do. Just copy the file to a new slot and you can always replay your original file. I can understand when people finish the game for the first time and they are given the option they are feeling a bit forced but before you go to the final boss copy it in a new file

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I copied my file because I tend to keep my very first save forever. I also hadn't gotten 100% at that time, so I wanted to wrap up all of the sidequests.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I may be a bit too curious in this point, but, for me, the game is only finished when I accept the Hero Mode Option. Anyway, to copy the first file is a good method. But it is not my intension to play the game in the normal mode again.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I did it too!!! Omg its soooo annoying!!! i had no idea what it was talking about!!! Thats what got me!!!

Skunk

Floof
I am certainly not the only one who did this, but I forgot to copy, clicked yes and ambergris sad. But I'm happy you keep your collection.

I'm still questioning why they couldn't do what they did in WW (Create the "Hero Mode" on a totally different file or get to choose what file to put it on.) I'm sure it would of been possible.

I truly hate hero mode! I mean sheesh you constantly have to buy potions over and over again! It bothers me so much since no hearts fall on the ground :( Hero mode makes me angry!!:mad:

Hero mode already activated on my only one. I guess I read wrong. That really sucks.

Heh, that happened to me with TWW's second quest. :P I was confused and saved over my first file, so I had to complete it again from the beginning to get the "normal" file back. I learned my lesson and when I saw that message pop up, I said NO and copied my file, then defeated Demise again. :D

It did the same thing in pasted games... soo if you remember to copy it over... or just defeat Demise again after doing so... :P

I don't know, I was worried about it too, but I felt the story wrapped it up so well that I didn't really want to keep playing in that file. Maybe that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom