• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

For Those Who Drive....how Good Are You at Parking Your Car?

Night Owl

~Momentai
It is hard to come by parallel parking anymore, the only time I've had to do it was for my driving test.
(I failed that portion due to dad not teaching me the correct way to parallel park -.-)
I could accomplish it if I ever needed to but it isn't my prefered way to park.

As far as straight and angle parking goes, no sweat. :yes:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm great at parking, can parallel park like a pro. I live right in the city centre so I get a butt tonne of practice. Wasn't always this way, I used to have a real problem knowing how long my car was, and this caused quite a few accidents in the early days but, gotten better now. That said, the only trouble I have parking is in Anne's Street because it's so damn steep! So an easy parking spot suddenly becomes so tricky and downright dangerous at times. But there's always a parking spot in Anne's Street. ;)

I think all the Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo helped. :D

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm fairly good at parking. I haven't had troubles yet at least. I always try to park to where I can just drive right out of the spot instead of backing up. Easier for me.

I'm not all that great at parking, I never park next to another car unless I absolutely have to because I usually pull up to close to the car and have back up and back in. I always park a few spaces away.The car feels like it's bigger than it actually is. I haven't parallel parked since Driver's Ed. Parking is by far my worst skill in driving.

Septimis Skype

TheLastCenturion
I don't have my licence but i live in idaho "don't ask me what state idaho is in idaho is a state" where everyone drives without a licence so im pretty good at parking my biggest problem is backing in i can back out easily but in im just to scared ill hit some thing

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I'm pretty great at parking, whether it be parallel or getting into awkward/tight spaces. Then again, I have a small car so if I couldn't park it then I probably shouldn't be driving.

Claire

The Geekette
The first time I actually had to parallel park was during my driving test. In my hometown, it really wasn't exactly something you had to do. If you had to, there are so few cars that actually park on the street that you could easily just pull up along the curb, which is what I just did yesterday. When I started college, we were living in a city. I've never lived in a city (I will never live in a city if I can help it), let alone had to park in one, so the first time I parallel parked was a real pain. It probably took me 5 minutes because I wasn't used to parking like that at all. I'm not a fan of on-street parking to begin with, so where I'm at now, I almost always find a parking lot instead of relying on on-street parking. Every time I do park on-street, I have to worry about oncoming traffic when trying to pull out into the road again. Driving stresses me out, so the less craziness I deal with, the better.

I haven't driven in ages, but I like to think that I am a decent driver overall. Parking, though? Subpar at best. Parallel parking?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't drive. So I'm going to speak for my mother.

She panics when she's on the rode :P And parking is her nightmare. She hates parking. Usually, when she's trying to park the car in the parking lot, she drives around until she finds a parking area where both parking spaces facing one another are empty. Then, she would drive through both of them, and park on the further parking space, so she can take off when it's time to go back home, and she doesn't even need to reverse :P

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
The first and only time I drove was after my sister's concert. We were pulling out of the school, and she turned to me and said, with a devilish smile, "Do you wanna drive home?" Of course I said yes. So we took a different way home so I could drive down a straight road. I did fine, I really did. I drove through the neighborhood part REALLY slowly though because everyone and their mother parks their cars on the streets instead of in their driveways. :/ So then I pulled up next to my house, and my parents were just getting home, so she told me to brake. If she was calm I would have been fine. Except she said it like "Brake. BRAKE!" So I practically stomped on the brake pedal.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom