• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fishing in Zelda.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I hate fishing. I find it totally useless and hard in the games. I have not done a 2nd runthrough of TP because on my first runthrough it took me 2 hrs to catch a fish in Ordon. I fit was like fishing in Okami, then that would be cool. If it had innovation, then sure, but don't make me sit for 2 hrs when i am trying to progress with the plot. As a minigame sure:), but not to progress through the plot.:(

I like the fishing. Although I do like it more as a sidequest than any type of plot ehancement.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Keep fishing as a sidequest but can lead to good like in OoT.

1.As a child you got a Piece of Heart and as older Link you got the Golden Scale which allowed you to dive further and another Piece of Heart at the Lakeside Laboratory.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I enjoy the fishing, I think it's a cute minigame. Then again, I enjoy fishing in real life (still haven't gotten my license yet this year, durnit!) Two hours not catching a fish? Try real life.... sometimes you take an entire day-trip to a lake and spend five or six hours fishing without a bite. Then again, the advantage of real life fishing is actually being out in nature, caressed by the wind, with the scent of the water and the sun on your back...

An addition I've long said I'd love to see in Zelda is... fly fishing! There's bait fishing and lure fishing... fly fishing takes more skill and nuance and is... probably the perfect thing for a motion-controller such as on the Wii or that newfangled thing they're desiging Skyward Sword to work around for sword-swinging. I think in the future, we could see a premier on the basics of fly fishing in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom