• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FirevsIce's GIMP Graphics

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
You presume correctly (had to make that reference XD). There are 4 fonts I love using, but they are either too fat or skinny to be used properly in every signature. It was along the lines of "The Spirit Flute: *insert witty saying here*," but in this case the font was hard to read. I think I found a loophole for it now.

That's the third positive comment I've received on this sig. I don't think it's as good as my second Okami sig, which was what I based Blue Link on (with some help from the Ice Climbers). I recolored Link myself. When I imagined it green, red, purple, white, nor black, looked as appealing as blue. I guess it was a good call!

Nicole

luke is my wife
You presume correctly (had to make that reference XD). There are 4 fonts I love using, but they are either too fat or skinny to be used properly in every signature. It was along the lines of "The Spirit Flute: *insert witty saying here*," but in this case the font was hard to read. I think I found a loophole for it now.

That's the third positive comment I've received on this sig. I don't think it's as good as my second Okami sig, which was what I based Blue Link on (with some help from the Ice Climbers). I recolored Link myself. When I imagined it green, red, purple, white, nor black, looked as appealing as blue. I guess it was a good call!

Yes, I did have to make the reference. And yes, I do think blue was the proper color to use with that "theme."

Lmao, just saw.... "Kirby x Midna"? Epic.

Anyway, I like the way these are coming out. Other than the small text issue, your siggies.... Kinda glow... Me likey. If I ever come up with an idea for an new sig, I'll come to you for it.

Nicole

luke is my wife
OK, I've come up with an idea. :P

Image: Wind Waker Link and Tetra (I tried Google, couldn't find a pic I liked. I trust you can find/edit/create a good one?)
Color: Eh... Maybe red, and something in the blue-indigo-purple range. OR light blue and purple.
Text: Either "Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow," or something that relates to courage or ZeLink that you see fit.
Sub-Text: "Soldier of Link"

I know you have the "text issues," but if you can find something to fit, that'd be awesome. If not... Try again. :P

Tanx in advance.

Firice da Vinci

OK, I've come up with an idea. :P

Image: Wind Waker Link and Tetra (I tried Google, couldn't find a pic I liked. I trust you can find/edit/create a good one?)
Color: Eh... Maybe red, and something in the blue-indigo-purple range. OR light blue and purple.
Text: Either "Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow," or something that relates to courage or ZeLink that you see fit.
Sub-Text: "Soldier of Link"

I know you have the "text issues," but if you can find something to fit, that'd be awesome. If not... Try again. :P

Tanx in advance.
Of course I can do this. Tetra comes in many forms and more than just 4 fonts exist.

EDIT: Okay. I was able to finish your request. As always, if you want anything changed, just let me know.
zeldasig9m.png
Link: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6884/zeldasig9m.png

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Well, I made another siggy for the GCC.
zeldasig8.png

It's not exactly what I wanted. Then again I don't remember my desired result. For the blue-ish effect was a technique from a tutorial that I didn't like and that was the only thing I liked about it.

I also made another signature last night. I can't show it due to it being a GCC entry, but I can guarantee that you won't recognize the style since it was improvised and I mean improvised. I feel accomplished.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Okay. I'm going to request one now. Take your time, though.

Image: This one!
Color: Rainbowish like his ball of spirit, but then more purple than anything else.
Text: Nick
Font: AmericanUncd (You can find it on the Fonts Page of Zelda Universe)
Size: The size of your Blue Link sig.

Thank you! If you'd like to go a little expirimental, go ahead.

Firice da Vinci

I'll get on that soon. I have to finish another request and find some more cool effects to use before I start yours. Expect it sometime this weekend.

Okay, here is your signature request HP. If you want anything changed just say so.
artworksig1.png
Link: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5802/artworksig1.png
Made with the Defaults Explosion Sig Tutorial. Never was able to do it right. Still can't.

I also made this sig earlier as a request from babygoku.
dualsig1.png

Not that good with making signatures that have multiple renders made by different designs, but it turned out okay.

Last edited:

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
Last edited:

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
Hey, I think your art is amazing and I was wondering if you had anytime you could make me a signiture.
Can you take 3 characters from this image (The guy with an axe and purple hair, The one winking with blue hair and the girl with bright pink hair and a devils tail) and put them into a signiture for me, and just choose the colours that you think go best for the signiature.and in the bottom left corner can you put "Pop 360" and somewhere near the top of the sig can you put Angel beats!. I hope this isn't to complicated Eeek >.< and what ever size you want as long as it does not exeed the ZD forum limit...

Firice da Vinci

Hey, I think your art is amazing and I was wondering if you had anytime you could make me a signiture.
Can you take 3 characters from this image (The guy with an axe and purple hair, The one winking with blue hair and the girl with bright pink hair and a devils tail) and put them into a signiture for me, and just choose the colours that you think go best for the signiature.and in the bottom left corner can you put "Pop 360" and somewhere near the top of the sig can you put Angel beats!. I hope this isn't to complicated Eeek >.< and what ever size you want as long as it does not exeed the ZD forum limit...
Nothing is too complicated for me! It may take a while to do it. I'm making a set with random effects that I used in that GCC entry that I mentioned earlier. Should be done sometime today or tomorrow.
Oh, I'm so sorry AM! I didn't see your request! Well the same thing applies for Pop 360. I'll get on it soon.

EDIT: I've been sick for a bit with a stomach virus and am starting to recover from it today, so I'll try to get your requests done tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Again, sorry for the delay you two. Here are your requests. Just tell me if they do not suit your fancy.

Pop 360:
artworksig2.png
Link: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6899/artworksig2.png

ApcolypticMufin:
artworksig3.png
Link: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3889/artworksig3.png
No, I did not forget that you wanted text. The problem was that I was reckless and GIMP shut down before I saved your sig, after I had already completed it, with text included. When I went back to redo it I did the exact same things, but the background was slightly altered (almost no way I could replicate the first one) and when I set the layer mode to make the text blend in and not look hideous it looked hideous. I can go back and add the text if want it, but I can't guarantee that it will look neat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kingdomheartssig1.png

Remember that one Signature that I made for the GCC and said was pure awesome? Well this is it. I made it almost completely out of pure experiment. The only thing I used from a tut were the layer modes to set after you smudge something. I know it's not perfect and could use some adjustments, I just don't know what. I also used the same techniques in Pop 360's request. Finally I have a sig that I think is worthy to be exchanged for Blue Link.

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
No, I did not forget that you wanted text. The problem was that I was reckless and GIMP shut down before I saved your sig, after I had already completed it, with text included. When I went back to redo it I did the exact same things, but the background was slightly altered (almost no way I could replicate the first one) and when I set the layer mode to make the text blend in and not look hideous it looked hideous. I can go back and add the text if want it, but I can't guarantee that it will look neat.

If you could add the text, that would be great! If it's too much trouble, I don't want to be a burden to you. But if you could, that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom