• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Fire Temple Boss Technique (easy and Helpfull)!

N

N64 Zelda

When the Fire Temple Boss comes out of one of the wholes, goes into the air, and starts shooting fire, simply Z-target him and hold down R for your shield. His fire will stop acually being shown (kinda weird), it can't hit you since he just circles around you, and your shield deflects all his hits from him bumping into you. Nifty trick! :)

Thank you,
N64 Zeldaz

That's actually a lot better than just hanging on the side of the platform.... I always feel like I'm cheating when I do that. Although it's pretty much the same effect.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I usually just shoot him in the head with an arrow as he's coming out ... he won't shoot fire, but instead circles around a little before going back into a hole. That doesn't work when he goes up to knock boulders from the ceiling though .. he does that attack whether you get him with an arrow or not.

I will give this trick a try next time I face Volvagia though :D

Last edited:

Kybyrian

I've never done this before, but I'll try it when I get to him next. Don't know when my next playthrough will be since I just beat the game, but I will try it when that happens. Sounds like a good idea for anybody doing a 3 heart run to try.

Hmmm i think I used this trick with out even trying to because I always try to Z target the enemy and usually I hold my shield up too if I can't hit the enemy. Yah now that you mention it, I had no reason to hang on the side of the platform X___x

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
Sounds like a good idea for anybody doing a 3 heart run to try.
Exactly what I was thinking! Considering that I myself am on a 3 heart run just before this very temple! Funny right?

Anyway, thanks for the tip! Volvagia was always the hardest boss for me, and I'm always finding myself hording fairies just before the fight. I feel stupid for never trying the shield now.....

R

Rikuide

I use the same strategy - he's so large that he just circles around your, unable to use his fire breath.

David

But you called me here...
i'll give it a try next time as well. Sounds really cool though

D

DarkWizzrobe123

As some people have been saying, this is my strategy:
The second he comes out of the ground, WACK! with the megaton hammer.
next, charge up for a spin attack until your sword is red. (You will not waste your time, this does work!)
Fire- when he shoots fire, either shoot him with an arrow for him to go back into the ground, or climb on the side of the platform you are on (yes i know this is like cheating but you can do this)
Boulders- Dodge them, or hang on to the side of the platform

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Volvagia was tough for me. It took me about 3 or 4 tries before I got him. The stupid thing is, I thought the Megaton Hammer did more damage to him than the Master Sword so I fought him the hard way. That was when I lost though. Like I say, Live and Learn.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Actually if you do it right in a 3 heart run, even though i've never tried it, getting the biggoron side quest done before the forest temple makes this a lot easier, as well as the fact makes Volvagia a piece of cake in the long run as well as the other temple bosses, i've never had much of a use for the master sword, cause i play without a shield in game most times.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I will try that trick if I start a new game on OoT. Right now I passed the Fire Temple and I am in the creepy Shadow Temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom