• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Finding Sleepyhead (Zelink Fluff)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is Zelink fluff I wrote a while back on request of abichandesu. I posted it on tumblr, but I decided to post it here, too. This was my first time writing fluff, so tell me what you guys think of it.

“Link! Hey, Link!”

Zelda’s voice echoed through the clouds as her Loftwing soared through the evening sky. Her blue bird was easy to spot against the bright orange of the sunset.

“Geez, where is he? He’s gonna be late. I bet he’s fallen asleep somewhere again.”

She was flying through the sky, searching for any sign of her sleepy friend. She had a fairly good idea where to look for him, though.

As she suspected, when she neared that spot, a red Loftwing could be seen circling the skies. “There he is! I knew he’d be there.”

With relief in her voice, she began her descent to the small floating island. Her blue Loftwing beat the air as it hovered down gently, close enough to the small island to let her down. Zelda leapt from the bird and felt her feet touch the ground with a small jolt.

The floating island was only about ten meters wide, but it was like a miniature meadow. Flowers of all colors spiraled out from the center, and the grass was greener than the leaves on any tree in Skyloft. This was his favorite place to nap. In fact, it was his secret place that only he and Zelda knew about.

And sure enough, there he was. Laying sprawled out in the center of the meadow island was the sleepyhead she was searching for.

“Hey, Link, come on! Wake up! It’s almost dinner time at the academy!” Zelda called out to him.

The poor boy was fast asleep. Those long ears of his were beyond hearing her futile cries. Zelda sighed, and strolled over to him. She knelt down in the grass, and the green blades tickled her knees through the velvet dress she wore.

She peered down at his sleeping face. His thin lips were hanging open, making it easy for any trapped drool to escape. His droopy eyelids looked like they’d fall open at any second, and he messy golden hair was becoming entangled with the grass beneath it.

“Sheesh... What am I gonna do with you...” Zelda said quietly.

She fell silent, and as she stared down at him, her heart rate began to increase.

Wait a second... This might be the first time we’ve been alone out here like this... Alone... With him...

As that thought marched through her mind, her face quickly reddened. She shook her blonde locks to rid herself of those thoughts, but they kept coming back.

Calm down, Zelda. You’ve been alone with him plenty of times before this. Why is now any different?

Any attempts to dissuade herself were useless as her heart kept beating faster. Before she knew it, her face was getting closer to his.

Just breathe, girl. Breathe. This isn’t anything to get nervous about. I mean, it’s just Link... Just...

“... Link.”

Zelda’s mind went blank as she shut her blue eyes tight. Her face inched closer and closer to Link’s face with every passing second. Her lips curled into a pucker as they approached his forehead, ready to make contact at any moment.

Just then Link began to grumble. Zelda yelped as she regained her senses and fell backwards onto her rear. Link yawned loudly and stretched his arms out as wide as they could go. In doing so, he tapped Zelda’s foot, and his eyes shot open.

“Huh?” he said as he sat up. Turning around, his face broke into a wide grin. “Oh, hey! Good morning, Zelda!”

“... I-it’s definitely not morning, you know! It’s nearly dinner time!” Zelda fussed.

“What?! I slept that long? Uh-oh. We’d better hurry. I don’t want them to run out of pumpkin soup before we get there!” Link said as he hastily jumped to his feet. “Come on!”

He held out his hand for Zelda to take, and she graciously took it. With a heave-ho, he pulled her to her feet.

“Thank you.” she said.

“... Hey, why is your face red?” Link asked. Her shoulders quivered. “You don’t have a cold or anything, do you?”

“Y-you dummy, it’s probably just the light that’s making you think that! That’s right, it’s the light! My face isn’t red.” Zelda quickly explained as she turned sharp on her heel. “Let’s get back to Skyloft now. Call your bird.”

“If you say so.” Link sighed.

He put his fingers to his lips and blew. A piercing whistle called out to his precious Crimson Loftwing, who began to hover down towards the island. Link dove off the edge into the sea of clouds, and was gracefully caught on his bird’s back. He hovered in the air, waiting for Zelda to join him.

Zelda stood in the meadow for a while longer, trying to rid her mind of any memories of what she’d tried to do. After releasing a deep breath, she joined Link in the skies, and the two of them began their flight back to Skyloft.

“The sunset sure is pretty, isn’t it?” Link called out to her as they flew.

“... Huh? Oh, yeah it is.” she agreed.

“You seem kinda spacey today. You’re not sleepy, are you?” he asked.

“Wha-what? Don’t be ridiculous! I’m not YOU, sleepyhead!” she snapped.

“Hah ha, I guess you’re right.” he said.

“Geez, and to think I almost...” she began.

“Almost what?” Link asked, curious.

“... Almost nothing. Shut up!” Zelda cried, her face flushing with color again.

“What? Come on, tell me!” Link pryed.

“No, no, no! Definitely not!” she protested.

Zelda had her Loftwing speed up and take the lead, leaving Link to chase after her with shouts of “Tell me!” as they sailed home together through the sea of clouds.

Fig

The Altruist
I think I remember you posting this on tumblr. It's still such an adorable story Az! ^^ I really love the scenario that you put Link and Zelda in this fanfic as it that is how they were portrayed throughout the game! I really how the fluff in this fanfic as it uses small elements from Skyward Sword that gave Link and Zelda personality as you continued to progress. Probably the best thing about this fanfic is how you focused on how Link is a sleepyhead due to how he started off in Skyward Sword being asleep, like in almost every game in the series! XD I really love your work Az! You should make more fanfics in the distant future! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom