• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Finally Beat Super Mario Galaxy After Four Years

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I've been struggling with that thing forever.

I finally managed to get 60 stars, went to the center of the universe and beat Bowser. Yay.

Here's my questions to you guys:

How long did it take you to beat the game/how long do you think it will take you if you haven't already beaten it?

What are your thoughts on the ending? Did you like it? Did Nintendo botch it?

What do you think of the last level?

What were some of your favorite galaxies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll answer some of those questions myself right now.

Obviously it took me four years to beat the thing.

I loved the ending. I've actually gone as far as to call it the greatest video game ending of all time, even better than Ocarina of Time. It ended happily, and had some mystery to it, and the animated stuff of Bowser's galaxy exploding was amazing.

The last level was extremely difficult, but fun. I like how Nintendo utilized ideas from previous parts of the game and combined them together. I wasted so many lives on this thing, mainly the part where you have to go through that huge tunnel of lava with the rotating platforms and sinking platforms and bullet bills and bonsai bills and...just death. The Tunnel of Death.

My favorite galaxies are as follows:

The Honeyhive Galaxy because it's just cool to be Bee Mario and the entire atmosphere of the place is really awesome.

Battlerock and Dreadnought Galaxies for their music.

Gusty Garden Galaxy for its music.

The Gate because it's so peaceful...and its music is awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah. What are your thoughts on Super Mario Galaxy (the FIRST one, not the second)?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
TF said:
How long did it take you to beat the game/how long do you think it will take you if you haven't already beaten it?
Not long. It did take me a while to get the necessary number of stars, but still. I can beat about half of it in a day.

TF said:
What are your thoughts on the ending? Did you like it? Did Nintendo botch it?
The ending was fabulous. Because of it, Rosalina is my favorite Mario character.

TF said:
What do you think of the last level?
Not bad. The last level had the right amount of difficulty to it.

TF said:
What were some of your favorite galaxies?
A lot, I guess. I don't know any off the top of my head. :right:

Big Octo

=^)
Gosh, I haven't played this game in so long...

I beat the game in a matter of weeks (at little increments at a time) of starting. It wasn't very hard for me. If I played nonstop, I could do it in a day or two.

The ending was emotional, but certainly not the most moving ending I've seen in a game.

The last level was fine, and the Bowser fight was nothing special.

I don't remember the galaxies that much, so I can't really answer.

Overall, good game, but not my favorite 3D Mario.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It took me 2 or 3 weeks to beat the game the first time. The ending was great. However, I still feel that the last level suffered a bit from being too short. As for my favorite galaxy, I think it is Toy Time Galaxy (I think that's what it's called).

I got sixty stars after about a day and a half.

I gave up on getting the last two stars in the Mario run (which for me were the Dreadnought purple coins and Luigi's purple coins) but a couple weeks ago I finally got them.

I just recenty began my Luigi run, and in two days I had 103 stars with him.

Guess I'm just awesomer than you.

:D

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I got sixty stars after about a day and a half.

I gave up on getting the last two stars in the Mario run (which for me were the Dreadnought purple coins and Luigi's purple coins) but a couple weeks ago I finally got them.

I just recenty began my Luigi run, and in two days I had 103 stars with him.

Guess I'm just awesomer than you.

:D

Dude, I started the game when I was nine. Give me a break. I set it down for like three years and didn't come back to it until yesterday. I got more than half those stars in two days. I'm not that bad.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
I beat it in a few weeks, my favorite galaxy was definitely the Toy Time one. I loved the ending, it was cool seeing all of the Lumas CRUSHED IN A BLACK HOLE OF DEATH.

It took me a while to beat it the first time through just because I wasn't into the game that much. It starts out pretty slow, which caused me to take a break from it for a few months.

Then I started to really listen to and appreciate the music in video games. Then this game was phenomenal for me. This has to be one of my favorite video game soundtracks of all time. A couple months ago I had to do my second 120 star run with Luigi to give me some inspiration for making this:

[video=youtube;yZ9LeIFPgqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9LeIFPgqs[/video]

I'd say my favorite galaxies would have to be buoy base, melty molten, and battlerock galaxy (pretty much for the music). I also had no problem with the ending.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom