• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy XV - IS IT WORTH IT

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hurr le is it worf it XDDD
Worth /WHAT/?

What I'm asking is, now that the game has undoubtedly gone through some patches would you say the game is in a playable, enjoyable state or is the game still something best enjoyed in cutscenes like Witcher 3?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The game is in both a playable and enjoyable state. It could have been better and likely due to the change of directors partway through there are bits that could have felt more complete but overall the game is decent and by far an improvement over XIII.

The answer is, if you are a FF fan then totally is worth it. If you are not a FF fan then it's a maybe purchase.
I'm not a fan so I would not get it.

I do like FFCC though but that's totally different.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Depends on what you expect out of it I suppose?

For instance I don't even know what a Final Fantasy game *is* anymore. The FF series seems to be suffering from the most acute identity crisis out of all the numerous identity crises' video game series have been having recently. So if you're looking for a traditional final fantasy experience in terms of presentation? doesn't look like Final Fantasy to me. Story? I can't speak much on that but still doesn't seem like Final Fantasy to me (most of FF's story is in world building anyway. FF game narratives suffer from the same reused tropes). Gameplay? It's far-far more open and non-linear than most recent Final Fantasy installments, but the combat is certainly of a different fare even compared to the last FF series combat system. You still don't get to control squadmates. And the lack of a female protagonist just seems like it runs contrary to what the series has established since FF VI. XV does seem to be a FF game built with western sensibilities in mind, a move that many Japanese developers seem to be making since they turned off western markets hard with questionable design doctrine (which, ironically was meant to appeal to what they thought western gamers wanted).

All in all VX seems to have been accepted well among critics and gamers so it's a good enough game in its own right.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
One of the best games gameplay-wise in the series. One of the worst story-wise. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom