• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fi and Ghirahim Theory

T

ThatEffingArch

Hey guys.
i was looking around in skward sword when something caught my eye. in the intro and on the lowest level of the sealed grounds, there is a picture of demise with his minions around him.

\Skyward-Sword-Intro1.jpg

there is a minion all the way to the left that bears a striking resemblence to Ghirahim, just in way of creepy smile, hair flipped, and a collar. now take a look at the minion next to Ghirahim. It is different from the other minions, just like girahim. while all of the minions on the right have creepy smiles and horns, this one has no smile, and more of a narrow face, and its body resembles a cloak. All in all, it seems more SERIOUS, even ROBOTIC.

fi and girahim.jpg

I CALUCLATE 99% OF YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS.:xd:
Was Fi originally a member of Demise's army? since Ghirahim and Fi's sword forms both resemble the master sword, its possible they can even be related!! also, the beginnings of their name, GhIrahim and FI are both pronounced the same. Also, GI is an abreviation for Galvinized Iron (Metal. Sword.), not to mention G.I's in the army (which would make sense, him being a WEAPON and all). While Fi is a computer term (ROBOTS!!), it also means girl in many languages. Also, Fi's original name was PHI, bearing the same letters as GHIrahim.
so what do you think? Could this be possible?

fi traitor.jpgthe-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110930054744987.jpg

ugh i just realized i spelt Ghirahim wrong in the title :p sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It was stated by Zelda (Hylia) that Fi was created to aid the hero chosen by the goddess in his destiny. She isn't an actual person, a simple creation made by Hylia. Since she was created by Hylia that means that there is in no was possibility that Fi could have once been against Hylia or with Demise.

Good theory though! Nice attention to detail although I find it highly implausible.

I made a very similar thread a while ago about the possibility than Fi and Ghirahim could be one and the same just at different points in their lives. Whether or not this is true I don't know but they both certainly share very similar traits. They both exist in a sword, they both have a very glossy, robotic look to them, diamonds feature heavily on their design and they have a very similar hairstyle. Perhaps the explanation isn't as drastic as my theory but I certainly do think it's something that can't simply be disregarded as being coincidence or due to them both being sword spirits.
My way of getting around the Fi's creation story is that she took what once was Fi and 'reprogrammed' it so to speak. Turning her into the Fi we encounter in the game. Whilst Hylia is no doubt very powerful somehow I doubt she is quite powerful enough to create life. So instead she re-created Fi instead.Of course none of this is solid so unless anything is confirmed we have to keep any theories to assumptions and speculation. But, that's half the fun of the Zelda universe

"My master her goddess has created me to aid the legendary hero in his quest" This is more or less a quote that Fi said when you meet her and obtain the Skyward Sword. I say more or less because it's not word for word since I haven't memorized the dialogue and I'm not going to look it up just to validate my opinion. However, I know for a fact she said created, not re-created. That is evidence from the game contradicting your creation theory which has no evidence to back it up. I'm not saying it's all set and stone but I doubt that what you've said in the bold is correct.

T

ThatEffingArch

"My master her goddess has created me to aid the legendary hero in his quest" This is more or less a quote that Fi said when you meet her and obtain the Skyward Sword. I say more or less because it's not word for word since I haven't memorized the dialogue and I'm not going to look it up just to validate my opinion. However, I know for a fact she said created, not re-created. That is evidence from the game contradicting your creation theory which has no evidence to back it up. I'm not saying it's all set and stone but I doubt that what you've said in the bold is correct.

youre right about that, but it might be possible that Hylia also changed Fi's memory erasing all remembrance about following Demise during a "re-creation" of sorts, kind of like a reprogramming. Like a computer, when you reset it, it erases all memories (XD its so funny how we can relate Fi to computers so often), which would explain why she never recognizes Ghirahim. Correct me if im wrong though, but I am pretty sure she doesnt recognize him. this would cause Fi to believe she was "created" by Hylia. :p just an idea.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I was going to say the same thing that pretty much everyone else had said. Fi was created by Hylia to aid the hero, so there is no possible way for Fi to have worked for Demise. I think what you're seeing is maybe a Stalfos or Stalmaster or Scurvos.

ThatEffinfArch basically summed up my reply. If Fi had no knowledge of her previous life then of course she is going to say that the Goddess created her. Similarly, Hylia wouldn't want to admit to such a deed now would she?
We can't take everything that every character says in game as absolute proof. Go and talk to Shad in TP if you don't believe me. He comes out with some utter garbage about Hyrule's creation, the ooccoo etc
I don't particularly believe my theory, or this one really. I just think that maybe there's more to Fi than meets the eye. I like to keep my mind open

Well I think the oocoo is ment to seem a bit outlandish, going along with his/her character. I agree to keep your mind open, and I also agree with the fact that her memory could've just been erased. However all of Girahims minions (the ones you face in the game) look absoloutley nothing like Fi. If Hyilia re-programmed a currently existing minion of Girahim than it would have to look something like one of the minions we see in the game. Fi looks more like a creation than a re-creation if you ask me. Also, to further prove my opinion, even Impa mentioned something about Hylia creating Fi to aid Link in his journey. So I think it's indisputable that she was created, not re-created or re-programmed.

Was Fi originally a member of Demise's army?
No. It was stated quite clearly in the game that Fi was created by Hylia to aid link in his journey.

since Ghirahim and Fi's sword forms both resemble the master sword, its possible they can even be related!!
The only similarities between Ghirahim anf Fi is that they are both Sword Spirits and that's it. I hardly doubt they could be related and I don't think Ghirahim knows of Fi's exsistance.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
You're kidding, right?
Glossy robotic look, obsession with diamonds, similar hairstyle...
Those all go along with the portrayal of both characters being sword spirits in the same vein.

Being part of Demise's army totally ruins her established character. Nothing in the game even remotely hints at such a connection, and what we are told makes it very unlikely. The image itself is also far from convincing. I suppose the next one over is the HMS? And the one with horns is Cole? It's possible that, like Ghirahim, these other minions are also sword spirits, which could explain why one might be mistaken for another.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Those all go along with the portrayal of both characters being sword spirits in the same vein.

Being part of Demise's army totally ruins her established character. Nothing in the game even remotely hints at such a connection, and what we are told makes it very unlikely. The image itself is also far from convincing. I suppose the next one over is the HMS? And the one with horns is Cole? It's possible that, like Ghirahim, these other minions are also sword spirits, which could explain why one might be mistaken for another.

Interesting I agree but why would there be so many different sword spirits, and were are they all?? I don't understand why Ghirahim is the only minion of demise that is shown, what happened to all the rest, were they sealed away like demise or simply killed off. another thing, If all of demise's minions were sealed away/killed off, why is Ghirahim still around. Itt could be because he is a spirit of a sword and as long as the sword is there he is to. that being said If your theory is right and all demise's minions are spirits of swords than like Ghirahim they can't die they can only be sealed. So if I'm right, were are the other minions?

youre right about that, but it might be possible that Hylia also changed Fi's memory erasing all remembrance about following Demise during a "re-creation" of sorts, kind of like a reprogramming. Like a computer, when you reset it, it erases all memories (XD its so funny how we can relate Fi to computers so often), which would explain why she never recognizes Ghirahim. Correct me if im wrong though, but I am pretty sure she doesnt recognize him. this would cause Fi to believe she was "created" by Hylia. :p just an idea.

That is completely baseless though. There is no evidence for your theory. Theories are based off of solid evidence.

Glossy robotic look, obsession with diamonds, similar hairstyle...

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. They are both Sword Spirits and because they are the same species they normally have the same traits. That's the only connection Fi and Ghirahim have and nothing else.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Link and Demise were fated to battle, and Skyward Sword hints that their battles shape the series throughout. Fi was the embodiment of the Master Sword, the sword fated to belong to the destined hero. Ghirahim, on the other hand, is the embodiment of the sword belonging to Demise, the evil spirit that will continue to challenge the hero. Ghirahim is truly the antithesis to Fi; while she is female, Lawful Good, serious, benevolent and analytical, Ghirahim is quite the opposite: male, Chaotic Evil, insane, sadistic and tempermental. The only human qualities the two share are intellect and loyalty.

What I wonder is whether Fi remains inside of the Master Sword and whether Ghirahim remains in Ganon's blade.

i had a very similar theory, now FI was created by hylia it is possible that she was created from the life of a human maybe someone girahim knew or was even related to her, i always thought they looked somewhat similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom