• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favourite Zelda Game to Mess Around In

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Basically by "mess around" I'm talking doing random, non compulsory stuff in the overworld. You know, just causally exploring, killing Cuccos, mass murdering bushes, trying to get Epona to jump off the cliff and so on.

So what's your favourite game to do these miscellaneous activities in, and also, would you like to see future Zelda games cater towards this style of casual playing?

Salem

SICK
LoZ, Alttp, OoT, WW and ALBW. I dunno why, I play these games sometimes for no reason.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I can play any of the non-DS (cause bad controls) top down games for countless hours literally doing nothing.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I tend to waste time in games like Elder Scrolls because of the size of the world and mods that add a ton of content to the game that caters to generally screwing around. In Zelda, I tend to be pretty objective-based. Any wandering or poking around is to find potential items or secrets.

キラ

Yo!
It was always fun to slash Cuccos with my sword and see how long I could live in all of the Zelda games lol. Plus, I used to use Action Replay on my Gamecube on OoT (from the disc that had LoZ, LA, MM, and OoT) and get codes to float around and run like the Flash to discover new glitches and stuff. Also, I was able to access character models not in the final version but still left in the code, like the origjnal Great Fairy! I would always play that game after school, whether it was me messing around or not. ^^

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For me, it's Ocarina of Time. I could spend a couple hours doing nothing but running around the overworld and just having fun like that. I'm really hoping for a truly open Zelda game that I can aimlessly wander around in, though. That would be perfect for that kind of playing. I'm hoping Zelda U will be like that.

Honestly, 80% of my playing Zelda is spent just screwing around. It's not about content, really, just about how much life there is to the world, how immersed I can become in its setting.

I don't know if I have a favorite, per se, but Twilight Princess definitely takes the cake for most hours spent wandering the overworld, walking in circles around towns and villages, backtracking aimlessly into dungeons just to get a gist for their atmosphere once more, locating an obscure NPC (Though I know where every single one is, by now) just to be reminded of their exact line of dialogue for the upteenth time, etc.

For me, it's a relaxing way to play Zelda without the need for commitment or challenge.

A Link to the Past I use to just walk around that overworld hours looking for secrets or anything hidden. Even when I got the game when I was 5 and didn't know what to do I would just explore the overworld.

I think the majority of Zelda games are fun to mess around in. But I'd say that my favorite game to mess around in is probably WW. I remember I would spend hours messing around on Windfall Island. Haha

I like wandering the overworld and killing enemies in LttP and LBW. It's also fun to sail aimlessly in WW and just soak in the atmosphere.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Awesome question. To me, Zelda is all about exploring and messing around. I constantly ask myself questions like ''what would happen if I do that?". So, pretty much every Zelda gives you great freedom to do this, except maybe Skyward Sword. I've always preffered the 3D games to explore in though, I always wanted to finish the handheld games for a reason I don't understand. Guess it is somehow more appealing to me to explore the world and try random stuff in 3D environments.

But, to come to the point, the game were I spent most time just messing around is by far Majora's Mask. And that's not because my username and avatar suggest that it's my favorite game (even though it is :P), I honoustly have spend the most time doing this in Majora's Mask. I've spend hours rolling around as a Goron on Tirmina Field trying to hit every Chu-Chu and jumping pretty much everything that could be jumped. And then I haven't even started on swimming as Zora Link in Great Bay or the beautifull Beaver Hide-Out. It was just so... soothing. Jumping out of the water like a dolphin, swirling around with that awesome 'swoosh swoosh' sound. This was helped greatly by the excellent swimming controls. Seriously, if anyone here ever says that Zora Link had bad swimming controls again, my head will explode.

So, Majora's Mask all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom